DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

cradle bushing part #'s

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Big3 
#1 ·
i have a 96 es. looking at the parts list in the how to's. the cradle bushing part numbers for a non-sport are
lower: 4695755
upper: 4695176
these are pretty well the one mentioned in all the posts but for one, which mentions a tsb-i have pasted part of the tsb
NO: 13-01-97

GROUP: Frame

EFFECTIVE DATE: Jun. 13, 1997

SUBJECT:

Popping, Oil Canning
or Metallic Noise From
Front of Vehicle

MODELS:

1996 - 1997 (LH) Concorde/Intrepid/Vision/LHS/New Yorker

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

Popping, oil canning or metallic sounding noise from front area of vehicle when accelerating from a stop. Noise most noticeable in high ambient temperatures (90°F. or higher).

DIAGNOSIS:

Moderately accelerate vehicle and listen for noise from passenger toe board area. If noise is present, perform the Repair Procedure.

PARTS REQUIRED:

AR (2) 04695176 Isolator, Cradle Mounting, SDC Suspension, Upper
AR (2) 04582973 Isolator, Cradle Mounting, SDC Suspension, Lower
AR (2) 04582972 Isolator, Cradle Mounting, SDE Suspension, Upper
AR (2) 04582974 Isolator, Cradle Mounting, SDE Suspension, Lower

now the upper part is the SAME but the lower has changed. i do not know the difference between an sdc suspension and an sde suspension, but...reason asked is that these are trashed in the rear of my subframe. best price online i've found is at allchryslerparts-they are like $30 each (plus ship) for the common ones mentioned. but the lower one in this tsb, 4582973, is $50 at their discounted prices. does anyone know the difference on this lower bushing and will i need it/will it be better?
no response from jeff hunter via phone or email when i tried to get prices?
thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Part numbers as of last week for '96 ES non-sport cradle bushings are 4695755 lower, 4695759 upper. I can supply them to you for $305 per set of eight (four lower, four upper) plus actual shipping cost... Assuming that the price hasn't gone up since my last purchase. Yes, they are Mopar factory parts. For more info, shoot me a PM.

#6 ·
Rockauto's version is made by Dorman (part #31099 ) and would total $191.16 less 5% discount = $181.60. This is $100 less than the cheapest OEM version but I am not excited about Dorman components of late but for the price difference I would be interested in seeing what the quality is on the Dorman part vs. OEM.

#9 ·
Big3 said:
BTW - the 93-95 LH cars take a different part # for one of the bushings. Use your VIN when ordering to get he correct part # for your vehicle.
Can you tell me the difference? I have a 94ES.

#10 ·
Big3 said:
Rockauto's version is made by Dorman (part #31099 ) and would total $191.16 less 5% discount = $181.60. This is $100 less than the cheapest OEM version but I am not excited about Dorman components of late but for the price difference I would be interested in seeing what the quality is on the Dorman part vs. OEM.
94 ES. I called Rockauto and they say to order around 8/1. The salesman and I are unfamilar with the 5% discount. How do I get that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.