DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

DIY Team

840 views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Bad_Neko 
#1 ·
I used to have a 3.8 Ford that was notorious for head gasket failure. I was thinking that the members here could form a DIY team in each State for car repairs such as steering, head gaskets and the like. Anybody game?

#2 · (Edited)
I had a 93 cougar that was natorious for that same thing. I just refer to a chilton manual for answers most of the time. On that damn cougar i had to replace the engine cuz antifreeze got into the oil and took out the crankshaft bearings not too long after the swap the new engine did the same side but at least it broke on the exhaust side this time so no major problems just have to fix it its still sitting in my garage i was like ive had it with this car and got me an intrepid. Only major thing wrong with it is the EGR transducer needs to be replaced and the water pump went out on it

#5 ·
dabirdzR/T said:
he means a team to help each other out, if a car breaks down, peopl would come out and help. Depending on what state your in, they may already have one. I know that between gr8crash, myself, and gaze, we have eastern PA covered.
Sounds pretty much like what we already have in the chicago area. When Interpretblurple's engine blew, Turbo Rob, Raztrep, myself, and ToDamax all helped replace it. Took us quite sometime since i don't have a lot of availibilty to go out do stuff like that, but it was pretty cool anyways...

#9 ·
dabirdzR/T said:
he means a team to help each other out, if a car breaks down, peopl would come out and help. Depending on what state your in, they may already have one. I know that between gr8crash, myself, and gaze, we have eastern PA covered.
I know I'm busy with the music and all... And I might be learning... But I can help out too Bruce! LoL... I've learned enough to get by!

#13 ·
I would be willing to help anyone out who is fairly local (I live in NW Pennsylvania). I've been going to school for this stuff and eventually hope to be getting my inspection and emissions licenses. Vehicle electrical class is the next one I take, which is busting my chops about my current problem with my vehicle since I haven't done the electrical class yet! I own a fair amount of tools and have done everything to my 'trep since I've owned it. I also have experience with subarus and chevy luminas (thanks to these 'lovely' people always having something go wrong [not so much with the subaru]) :D

#16 · (Edited)
Any Marylanders out there? I know the 3.8 ford very well, had 3 Cougars in my life. Now i have this Intrepid with suspension problems that I can't isolate until i find good time and weather to really have a good look and see.

BTW I just had calipers, rotors, pads, brake fluid change that stop the pulling at low speeds but not at high speeds. That why I think it is suspension>

#17 ·
I'm good for the Eastern IN area, although all I really know are the basics. I suppose I should amend that to "If YOU know what you're doing, then I'll be glad to come help", LOL. Mebbe this way I could learn a thing or two about my Intrepid. Luminas and I go way back, though, I don't think there was a single thing I DIDN'T wind up having to fix on that POS I owned.
Neko

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.