DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Best car I've ever owned

1K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  lebaron872007 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I had a 1994 Dodge Intrepid 3.3 and needless to say it was the BEST car I've ever owned, and I've owned 11 cars in the past. I bought it from a coworker with 137K on it, dealer maintained. Ran perfect. I could always count on that car to get me anywhere I needed to go. Wether a trip to wal-mart or a 1,000 mile round trip, it would go anywhere. This summer, I regretfully sold it as I was moving down to Georgia.
here is a picture of it:

It had 145K when I sold it. Looked and ran great. I miss that car too much.

I'm in the market for another Intrepid, this one being a 1996-1997 with the 3.3 and under 100,000 miles. I'm located in the Atlanta area, and I look everyday on line, in the papers for the perfect one. Wish me luck on the search.

Thanks
Matt

See less See more
G
#5 ·
I second that. I own two 3.5L LHS and Concorde. Definitely a monster power and torque compared to 3.3L. Never had any major problems, (knocking on wood.)
Can't say the same for tranny though. Thank God for these forums! :)

#7 ·
I love my 97 Intrepid too. It's got the 3.3 and 247,000 miles on it(yes, 247,000!)...all original, knock on wood, and still the most reliable car I've ever owned.

#10 ·
Bad_Neko said:
I love my 97 Intrepid too. It's got the 3.3 and 247,000 miles on it(yes, 247,000!)...all original, knock on wood, and still the most reliable car I've ever owned.
There is some thread on here where someone has a 3.3 with over 500,000 miles on a 3.3. He had been through like 4 transmissions, a water pump and other stuff but the 3.3 was the original motor in the car.

G
#15 ·
popimp said:
There is some thread on here where someone has a 3.3 with over 500,000 miles on a 3.3. He had been through like 4 transmissions, a water pump and other stuff but the 3.3 was the original motor in the car.
It's a SHE!

:)

And yes, women CAN put us to shame sometimes, lol!

#16 ·
Yes I"m happy with my (this month 10 year old ) Intrepid.

It has faired the seasons well having driven many places in its youth with that lovely ride it had.
Then began it 's career as a tow vehcile for our boat, which was a bit above the recomended limit but hey , going slow and only around town the little trep managed to pull that boat for 5 years before we got the cherokee to take over. :tongue:

now with only one major repair ie broken outer tie rod the trep soldiers on having a better grip on sheer ice in the drive way than the cherokee rear wheel drive that gets stuck and slips on the same drive way that the trep surefootedly traverse...

yup my Intrepid a great car :smile-l:

wish they had a generation 3 version I'd have bought one for sure

the styling and the the front wheel drive with the snow handling would have been awsome !!

#17 ·
I miss my old 97 3.3 sometimes. In about 40k when I need to change my water pump on the 3.5 I'll really miss the 3.3.I sold it with 182k on the clock and its still running around town.

"wish they had a generation 3 version I'd have bought one for sure"

Yeah sucks they discontinued the trep,just more reason to baby the one I have and make it last as long as possable.

#18 ·
yup , when I got the grand cherokee they offered me $1000.00 for the trep , but for that ------------------
I'd rather keep it I still like the ride and handling ....

plus its fun to drive year round :auto_03: :corn:

#21 ·
The 1997, dispite having 90K, was a wreck. Really. It had a 1993-1995 Fog lightless bumper on it, a hood that was purple on one side,white on the other (the car was white) and had poorly tinted windows that were all bubbly and purple. Also, the airbag light on made me walk away. The 1996 I still need to look at in person. Its a 3.5, one owner, 67K, Green with gray Interior. It has the column shift though. I'm fine either way, but I'd someday like to convert it to floor shift (like I did with my 1990 Plymouth Acclaim). How hard would that be? When I did it on my Acclaim, I had to run a new shifter cable, install the bracket and center console with shifter.

Thanks

#22 ·
I have a 1994 dodge intrepid with 206,000 miles on it. Just replaced the harmonic balancer, radiator, and need to change the rear trans mount. needless to say the original trans is still in the car. issues every now and then, mostly i think its the computers. Shifts fine at times and at other times it clunks into 4th gear and stumbles into 2nd. But its been a great car for me. The 3.3 sure can lay down some rubber!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.