DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

seats

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  g0ldfinGa 
#1 ·
I need to replace my drivers seat in my 95 ES, What is a fair price to pay from a junk yard. My brackets that hold the seatback to the seat broke on one side and the seat tips back on that side. I don't want leather

Thanks

#6 ·
Kensher said:
I am currently in minnesota I am about 3 hour drive from wisconsin dells I have a complete interior for sale for $30 driver seat is power nothing is wrong with them I just replaced them with a leather interior. Let me know if this works for you.
where in MN, that would be great, would be a couple of weeks before I would be able to get there. Would have to borrow a bigger vehicle. I don't think they would fit in the trunk.

#12 ·
FYI - I sent eagle88 $45 to ship me the power seat track assembly that he said he swapped out. He said he shipped them and they never arrived (going on 2 months now). he couldn't give me a tracking # and could not send me a copy of his mailing receipt to show he even mailed it out. He said he would send me another one from a nearby junk yard. Then I never heard back from him again. I filed a claim thru PayPal and they decided in my favor since he also never replied to their emails. PayPal said that there are no funds in his account and they couldn't refund the $45. Apparently, he was just a scam artist. I'll get his phone number tommorrow and call him to see what happened or if he ever plans on refunding my money (or showing me proof that the item was even shipped in the first place). I don't appreciate getting ripped off so I am not finished with this one. Did anyone ever receive anything from him? He seemed like an upfront guy.

#13 ·
Fix

The TSB:

"The driver's side power seat adjuster on about 365,000 of the above vehicles may develop a slight fore and aft movement and/or the inboard pivot bracket may break or separate. The fore and aft movement is not detrimental to the seat track function, but may cause a minor "chucking" noise and movement. However, a broken inboard pivot bracket will cause the seat back to become loose and lean rearward on the inboard side. If a broken inboard pivot bracket is not repaired in a timely manner, it may cause the outboard pivot bracket to also separate"

That recall applies to 1st gen also. My '94 had the problem b/4 the recall , and I paid $224 for a drivers seat from a bone yard. That bone yard seat also broke after 1 yr. Then I finally got the recall notice. Went to dealer for another seat. Not only did the dealer replace the broken framework of the seat, but they also told me I could get a refund from Chrysler for the seat I bought from bone yard. I mailed in a copy of recall notice and a copy of bone yard receipt. About 6 days later I recieved a check from Chrysler for $224.
The dealer also said to hang on to recall notice , because it is good for any future seat problem. that was 4yrs ago and the seat is still solid.

Customer Satisfaction Notification No. 883
Driver's Power Seat Adjuster

Models
1993-1994 (LH) Chrysler Concorde/New Yorker/LHS, Dodge Intrepid and Eagle Vision

NOTE: This notification applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a power driver seat (Sales Code - JPR or JPV).

Subject

The driver's side power seat adjuster on about 365,000 of the above vehicles may develop a slight fore and aft movement and/or the inboard pivot bracket may break or separate. The fore and aft movement is not detrimental to the seat track function, but may cause a minor "chucking" noise and movement. However, a broken inboard pivot bracket will cause the seat back to become loose and lean rearward on the inboard side. If a broken inboard pivot bracket is not repaired in a timely manner, it may cause the outboard pivot bracket to also separate.

NOTE: Owners of involved vehicles will be instructed to make an appointment with their dealer only if they experience one of these conditions with their driver's seat adjuster. (See owner letter for details.)

Repair

The driver's power seat pivot brackets and seat tracks must be replaced if broken.

Parts Information

Part Number Description

05018126AA Power Seat Adjuster Repair Package

#15 ·
My yard here sells seats for $12.50 for a pair of buckets and $15/pair if they are power I think, they have some awesome deals but usually never any newer cars (only like 1 trep, and 3 or 4 new yorkers)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.