DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

95 es blower motor

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  eagle88 
#1 ·
used the car tonight, and the blower motor will not shut off. Can turn the atc off, and the blower keeps running. only has high. is there a relay somewhere, or am I looking at changing the atc?

#6 ·
this is a longshot, but my 95 Vision had a bad knob on the blower switch when I bought it. The knob was 'slipping' on the switch shaft...not actually turning it. Easy to check and eliminate before delving into the more expensive causes.

#15 ·
This is why the questions:

If you totally unplug the ATC the computer will default to high fan out of the defroster.

If you can actually switch modes (out the vents, etc) then your blower control module is probably bad. I believe that it has 14 steps. These 14 steps are controlled by switching transistors. If one or more of these transistors shorted, the blower will always be at the appropiate speed that the transistor controls.

If you can't switch modes, the ATC is probably not communicating. I fixed mine by taking the ATC apart, resoldering all the connections to the plug, cleaned the 8 pin plug that goes from the front to the back board, and soldering one end of the 8 pin connector to one of the boards (can't remember which one). I did this 2 years ago and have had no problems since.

One more thing, on the wire side of the connector there should be 2 black wires (ground). Follow them back and make sure that the connection is not corroded.

#16 ·
ok, was out with it today, I can contol temp, all the differant settings work, just runs on high. can't change the blower speed at all. Turn the atc off, and the blower stays running, and it switches and comes out the floor vents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.