DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

MoPAr Factoriy keyless module?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SCHIDER234 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok I finally finished installing the new stereo and speakers now onto the security system, :rolleyes: I notice this car (97 intrepid) has a factory keyless module made by mopar, when I bought the car the owner said she lost the remote for the keyless so I call my local dealer and they can program it for 35 and 80 for the new remote, but that seems pointless since I could get a better alarm/start pager system for 150 more.

So my question is does anyone have the layout for this module, I notice when I disconect it I can't start the car and locks don't work so I know it has a kill start relay I found one, but I'm not sure if it's that one while installing the Stereo.

So what I want to do is use those wirers for the new alarm system since it already controls the doors and ignition that will make it easier. I was going to let a shop install the alarm system so I call many place and they charge 75 for alarm and 75 for starter :( so total comes out like 200 bucks with labor and material apart from the alarm system so is like a 400 dollar job. that is why I decided to do it myself. so if anyone has the pinout for the module that will be great :S

#7 ·
like everyone else is saying its very easy to program a remote manually and almost any remote will work. I got one for free at an auto aution and reprogrammed it for my car but the panic button works for the trunk but i can deal with that. I was interested to see that you said that removing the keyless moduler made the car not start. I had taken mine out at one point and i noticed the locks didnt work but the car still started and mine is also a 97 but its an ES if that makes any difference. Well hope you figure out what your looking for

#8 · (Edited)
Ok I believe it would be best if you used the first link that says wiring 1. That has the wire colors you'll need and the location of those wires. I don't think you'll need to access the RKE module since the alarm interface wires should be able to tap into the wires youll need.
Power Lock orange/white + white plug at back of dash fuse/relay panel
Power Unlock pink/purple + white plug at back of dash fuse/relay panel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.