DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Need Help with Radio

775 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  poopyhead 
#1 · (Edited)
Please Help With Radio!!!!

Im trying to take out my 94 factory radio....and install other factory radio. I have run into the 'security screws'. I can't seem to budge them too much with needlenose plyers or anything. And I don't really want to punch into them or drill into them and back them out. I have searched everywhere for the device to take out the security screws....advance, auto zone, best buy, radio shack, sears, online, dodge dealer.....but no one seems to know where i can get one besides going to the dealer ( I am going to a different dealer tomorrow, maybe they know what they are doing).

So, if anyone knows where I can get this device or another good way to take out these stupid screws, please respond or email me... quietnic@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Nicholas

P.S.- Im just a 'poor' college student on a budget...so money is a factor.

#2 ·
Security screws with a factory radio?? I've never seen that. All my Chrysler/Dodge vehicles came with either regular philips screws or 10mm bolts. These sound like aftermarket screws that someone else installed and you might not be able to find the right "tool" to take them out. You might have to drill them out.

#4 ·
drill those out you will wind up stripping the crap out of them anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.