DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

inner tie rod bushing?

816 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Apcsox 
#1 ·
Ok I searched the forums and found a carquest part number for the inner tie rod bushing cause my steering is extremely sloppy so I was going to replace them first and I went to carquest and the guy said that part didn't exist so I was wondering what is the right part number for them on a 96 intrepid with the 3.3, and also when I turn at low speeds my front has a popping sound could that be my outer tie rod ends going bad?

#2 ·
Put a floor jack under the frame in the front (not the suspension) and jack the car up. Have someone grab the front tire and move virgorously side to side. You should be able to see all of the places that there is play. It could be inners, outers or rack bushings.

#4 ·
Just did the inner tie rod bushings on my car this weekend. It was doing exactly what yours is doing. Problem gone!! I used MOOG K7349 for the bushing kit on my '96 Intrepid with a 3.5 liter. Dont know if this will fit your 3.3 however. Good luck doing this, I found it rather easy and fun to do. See my post on where to get detailed instructions on completing the project.

#6 ·
well the guy at carquest apparently was a tool, perhaps he was trying to tell you they can't get them???? I know AZ can't either, but NAPA can get you Moog bushings for around $15, AAP can get em also, or jsut order them from rockauto.com, go for $12

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.