DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Water pump adventures 96 3.3

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mass04 
#1 ·
Well so my car was makin a lake of coolant late last summer and again in the garage at work. Its been dropin coolant drip drop for some time even before I got the reman water pump (WP)

The reman was a fenco 3.3 unit and looked a little diffrent from the oem version that has lasted 8 years about 150 k klicks

the new wp was placed about 2 years ago in the spring using the included round gasket and the aircraft sealant that I had. It worked great, all except the wp. That after I pulled it out I could spin the shaft with very little pressure. A new wp has a noticible drag when spun, but first the pics of the operation

notice all 5 bolt holes held tight with no leaks.

the new wp a new acdelco 3.3 unit and a nice thingy it is

how do you know your old unit is bad , well in -20c weather you look at the place my blue finger is pointing too and see the worn away paint that dipicts escaping coolant

the new unit even has assembly inspection paint points on it a percission ground ring and I got real waterpump goo this time from permatex.. oooooo

I installed the new one with a 105 inch pounds or good and tight on all 5 bolts coated in anit seize .... haha am i gonna haf to do this again and then

got ready to add coolant and ionized water.. the coolant is prestone new all colour all use fluid mixed with the ioized stuff and now its waiting a few days to be really ready before a full test

oh yah i goota fill the rad and drain any air pockets

well this was fun writing up hope you don't mind

have a trepin day

:gross_07:

See less See more
#2 ·
The leak at the weep hole of your pump has nothing to do with your mounting method. When I did my pump I didn't use any kind of sealer on the o-ring, because it is not needed. I just wiped some anti-freeze on the o-ring B/4 assembly. The leak at your weep hole may have more to with excessive tension on your serp belt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.