DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

97' Intrepid on the way...

572 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Wildman 
#1 ·
Hey all, Tomorrow I will be buying my first Intrepid, It's a grey 97' ES 3.5 it has 248 thousand kms on it. It's a one time owned car and it's an elderly man that has it. The car works like a charm and seems to be very solid and tight. When I took it for a test drive I was blown away by the performance. The car has no rust and the interior is like new and for the price I'm getting it for seems too good to be true! Is there any warning signs that I can look for? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...

#4 ·
any ticking/knocking noises from the engine? the second you get that car, I'd reccommend changing the oil and running full synthetic, extend the engine life, the 3.5's are notorious for throwing rods if they aren't taken care of

#5 ·
Wildman said:
When I took it for a test drive I was blown away by the performance.
Lol, I had driven a few different 2G 2.7s before I drove a co-worker's 1G 3.5L for the first time. My eyes lit right up the first time I leaned into it. You'll have some fun with that !! Take good care of her.

#6 ·
and grab yourself a spectre intake while you're at it :p, then you can have a throatier sound coming from underneath that hood, only $40 at Autozone

#7 ·
No knocking or ticking from the engine at all... I am gonna get the oil, trans fluid and filters changed next week. The intake, I'll get in the spring ;) Thanks again for the advice Speed Freak. No worries Cdn R/T I'll have some fun with her...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.