DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Broken window clips

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  evil_motors 
#1 ·
okay i have conflicting reports on this.. my driver window is no longer connected to the scissor jack that moves it up and down.. there are 2 white plastic clips that attach the window to the jack.. they both broke.. so can i just get the clips and somehow replace them or do i need a whole new window. i have heard both.. its really annoying to not be able to roll your driver window up and down. so if you can help me please do.. thanks

#3 ·
i know that... i was asking if you have to replace the whole window or not.. i am sure the plastic pieces are fused on the glass

#4 ·
okay after looking at parts manuals i have come to the conclusion that the window has to be bought whole.. the clips are fused into the glass of the window.. so new it would run me $150 so i may look at a junkyard

#6 ·
well i dont know how well JBweld would work with glass and plastic.. plus the window has to be able to go up and down many many times

#8 ·
thanks.. i will call around on friday to see if i can locate one.

#9 ·
the back ones were easier to take out and replace than the front
if i recall correctly i had to take out the rubber moulding and the plastic trim around the inside to it wasn't bad to do but figure i would tell you what i remember of replacing them.
the back ones just come out on an angle and can be replaced the same nothing had to be romoved for the rear ones.

#10 ·
thats cool.. the only one i need to replace would be the driver front

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.