Debadging, how? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Debadging, how?

Candyman
09-17-2001, 08:59 AM
OK, I have tried searching through a bunch of threads but could not find a topic on debadging. I have surely overlooked the discusssion but my question is how do you go about removing the badging from the doors and trunk? I saw a white 'trep SE (had no fogs, hence SE) today that was debadged, looked clean and sharp and kinda kept your eye on it to figure out what kind of vehicle it was. What is needed to carry out this mod? I appreciate all the help and input in advance!

Anrom
09-17-2001, 09:18 AM
Have done this on my 2000.
First heat up the badging with a hairdryer and slowly peel off each letter. Don't scrape with anything just use your fingernails. Remove as much glue as possible with your fingers. After this is done use some bug and tar remover or WD40( This is what I used) to remove remaining residue. Don't forget to rewax the area as the WD40 will remove the wax. All-told it took about 30 minutes or so to do the car.
Started out just to remove dealer sticker but kept going and it does make the car look much better.

Candyman
09-17-2001, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll be doing that by weeks end. I do like the look of it very much. Does this also work for the ES badging on the back of the window frames?

gaewsky1
09-17-2001, 03:10 PM
Anrom is correct with how to take them off.
I read your post and it sounded familiar to my car. I live in the Cleveland area, have a white Intrepid SE and have no badges.

Candyman
09-18-2001, 10:53 AM
gaewsky1:

Well, I suspect it was your vehicle I saw on I-71 north about two days ago or yesterday. Nice ride, I too debadged my Intrepid completely, from the trunk to doors to the hood, plus the ES. So, you'll know it's me when you see a platinum Intrepid with no markings. I work in downtown Cleveland, but live in Medina down by Rt. 18 and constantly drive the highways.

Really gives the car a new attitude. I'm sure most people can identify what kind of make the car is but now the secret is if it is an SE or ES. I'll have to keep an eye out for you, that was the first time I had seen an unmarked Intrepid.

IntrepidXJ
09-18-2001, 12:44 PM
Am I the only one here who likes the badging on the sides that says "Dodge"??

Just curious, since it seems everone else wants to remove it.

bigdaddy
09-18-2001, 01:20 PM
I prefer the "DODGE R/T" badging on my Trep', but the dealer badging had to go.

blkbute
09-18-2001, 01:20 PM
hmm, I also kinda like it. I think it looks slick on the black Treps, cause you got chrome lettering, but I have thought about removing it, I live in Canada and it says Chrysler instead of Dodge. I was considering taking off the lettering on the doors and the hood piece, and putting on Dodge stuff.

Warlord187
09-18-2001, 01:29 PM
I too like the "Dodge R/T" on the side of my car. I saw a black R/T yesterday that instead of "Dodge R/T" it just had the "R/T". I thought it was pretty slick. Was that a 2002 model?

l8rpony
09-18-2001, 01:29 PM
I just removed all the badging except for the 3.5 and the Intrepid on the back. It looks pretty clean.
I used a hairdryer, Dental floss and goo gone to remove the badging.

Warlord187
09-18-2001, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by l8rpony:
I just removed all the badging except for the 3.5 and the Intrepid on the back. It looks pretty clean.
I used a hairdryer, Dental floss and goo gone to remove the badging.

Didn't you just post new pics of your car today??? In those pics the badging was still there. :D

Thrasher
10-02-2001, 06:42 PM
I ripped off the badging on my trunk, and the dodge emblem on my hood today, looks sharp! i was playing in photoshop last night, and wiped em off, and i also wiped off the door trim, which i plan on taking off by this weekend. i'm just gonna leave the "Dodge Motorsports" stickers on each door, the "R/T" on the rear doors, and the "Dodge" in the windshield.

IntrepidXJ
10-02-2001, 06:50 PM
When you can Thrasher, I'd love to see some pics when you're done :)

MathWiz
10-25-2001, 02:32 PM
I am with Randy Langstraat on this, I like the Dodge emblems, so much that I added them to my first generation Intrepid.