rented a charger [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: rented a charger

Valhalla 21340
01-31-2006, 01:14 PM
rented a charger from thrifty last weekend, drove it from maryland to boston. I didn't like the car when i'd see it around town, but after driving it i wouldn't mind considering it for a new car once the money arrives.

it was a base model one, black interior white exterior, hubcaps. Had a 2.7 in it, but had no problem at all on the highway. Reminded me of the good ol intrepid...especially in teh loose suspension department, but thats OK because it looks damn cool. And the option of a 6.1 motor, heee yaaa.
I really liked driving it though. The roofline over your head is welcome, the interior has plenty of room; a lot less glass than your typical new car.
plus, you can actually see the hood behind the wheel without having to sit with your head pressed against the ceiling.

people kept trying to run me from lights EVERYWHERE. lots of thumbs up.

and to think, if i didnt say anything to the rental office, i wouldve been driving a taurus.

moparman
01-31-2006, 09:08 PM
You'd be surprised how quick the 3.5 is. Too bad you didn't get to drive the Hemi. That thing is Sweet !!! It really hunkers down as well.

k-nash
01-31-2006, 09:20 PM
The 2.7L is not an option on the charger. the 3.5L is standard.

Badasstrep
01-31-2006, 09:58 PM
mmm. charger!

LebanonsFinest
01-31-2006, 11:56 PM
mmm. charger!
lol...mm charger is right! we should go test drive it soon :fun_06: , and screw that 300m special! :D

IntrepidBus IV
02-01-2006, 12:15 AM
The 2.7L is not an option on the charger. the 3.5L is standard.

I thought the 2.7 was indeed standard on the rental versions?

LebanonsFinest
02-01-2006, 12:23 AM
nope! the 2.7L is an option on the base Magnum, not charger. the chargers options are the 3.5LHO or the hemis, as k-nash stated.

IntrepidBus IV
02-01-2006, 12:39 AM
nope! the 2.7L is an option on the base Magnum, not charger. the chargers options are the 3.5LHO or the hemis, as k-nash stated.

I think you're right in the sense of what is offered to the public, but it still seems to me that they put the 2.7 in rental versions...

LebanonsFinest
02-01-2006, 12:56 AM
I think you're right in the sense of what is offered to the public, but it still seems to me that they put the 2.7 in rental versions...
meh...i just dont see it as something chrysler would do, making special chargers for rental purposes. i dont know, i could be wrong, but it just doesnt seem right to me : /.

IntrepidBus IV
02-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Hopefully somebody will chime in and set us straight! :)

LebanonsFinest
02-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Fleet buyers and Canadians can get a cheaper Charger equipped with a 2.7 liter V6, which should be interesting, as Americans who rent a Charger may get a rather incorrect impression of its acceleration (unless it will only be sold to corporate and government, but not rental, fleets.) [Thanks, Geo, for the addition.] found on http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html
guess i was wrong : /, didnt know they had the 2.7 in the canadian chargers.

k-nash
02-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Wow, I stand corrected! It sure is strange that the 2.7L is not an option on regular chargers, and you can get it on fleet vehicles. It always did seem strange that you could get a 2.7L on a 300, but not a charger.

Avenger
02-02-2006, 12:40 PM
300's were/are NOT available with a 2.7L in Canada though :p

k-nash
02-02-2006, 08:04 PM
300's were/are NOT available with a 2.7L in Canada though :p

So 300's you can't get the 2.7L , but the charger you can?? What is DCX trying to do to us, their messing with our heads, lol. It doesn't seem like their should be any differences between the US and Canadian cars.

LebanonsFinest
02-08-2006, 07:44 PM
well, canadians do need the smaller engine option for better mpg and fuel standards...as they are slightly different than the US standards. but otherwise, they probably just researched it and found that it would be more profitable to offer the smaller engine for more buys up there. thats my 2 cents. :)

Gorm
02-10-2006, 08:33 PM

Sorry to say, your wrong. The 2.7 was an option to fleet and rental chargers.

Now, you can't go buy one with a 2.7 at the dealer, and I'm sure thats what your getting at.

--Gorm

LebanonsFinest
02-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Fleet buyers and Canadians can get a cheaper Charger equipped with a 2.7 liter V6, which should be interesting, as Americans who rent a Charger may get a rather incorrect impression of its acceleration (unless it will only be sold to corporate and government, but not rental, fleets.) [Thanks, Geo, for the addition.] found on http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html
guess i was wrong : /, didnt know they had the 2.7 in the canadian chargers.
step ahead of you. realized my wrong and researched.