Does anyone have a Caliber? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Does anyone have a Caliber?

95Intrepisize
06-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Anybody have a Caliber, driven one or riden in one? I am kinda liking these smaller SUV's. Just wanted to get some feedback from those who have been in one.

00RT
06-15-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't have one but they seem pretty cool. I've been considering trading in the R/T on an SRT-4, but I kinda like not having a car payment. I'm interested to see what other people think of them as well.

CDN R/T
06-15-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't have one but they seem pretty cool. I've been considering trading in the R/T on an SRT-4...
I wouldn't pull the trigger on a Caliber SRT4 just yet...

The Jeep Compass (sister platform) is coming very soon, not really a Jeep IMO but nicer styling than the Caliber.

IntrepidCUB
06-15-2006, 05:48 PM
you jsut gotta get one of them dogs to hang out the window :)

moparman
06-15-2006, 10:48 PM
I rode by my Dodge store the other day and they had not a single Caliber in inventory. I had to pick up my son on the other side of town and rode by another Dodge store and they too had none in stock. I hope it keeps up.

Warlord187
06-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I rode by my Dodge store the other day and they had not a single Caliber in inventory. I had to pick up my son on the other side of town and rode by another Dodge store and they too had none in stock. I hope it keeps up.

Last week I was at the dealership twice and each time they had a few R/Ts in the lot. But according to their website, they only have one R/T and one SE.

moparman
06-16-2006, 11:23 PM
They're moving very quickly right now. I hope it continues. I also hope the damn dealers don't get greedy and start marking them up. I haven't been at a dealership yet that's doing it but I've heard they are in the Baltimore area.

For what it's worth, Saturn dealers locally are marking up the Sky up to 7k !

Plain crazy.

Mopar Dewd
06-17-2006, 12:58 AM
I know cobra65's been looking into them as well...
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72337

I wouldn't mind test driving one... Seam like they're pretty cool.

Ronbo
06-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Remember how the suckers were ready to pay the 5-7k mark up on the PT Cruiser when it first came out? The Caliber is a station wagon!!

boltuprite
06-19-2006, 11:10 AM
I test drove an SXT with the 2.0 CVT transmission.
I liked the car, styling wise etc. but absolutely hated the CVT transmission. It builds up torque like a snowmobile and thats exactly what it reminded me of.
If I was going to buy one it would definitely be with a manual transmission, but manual is only available on the 1.8 engine (which is too small).
I would also be hesitant to buy a north american built 4 cyl engine as most have been proven to be pieces of crap.

DodgeInfoCenter
06-20-2006, 11:14 AM
95Intrepisize, it's great to see your interest in the all New Dodge Caliber (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=Caliber_FI_Auto&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com/ ) :) If you would like a brochure, please let me know and I can send one out to you.

Thanks

Kelly S

boltuprite
06-21-2006, 02:16 PM
make the 2 litre available with a 5 speed manual! ....then I might be interested.

I had an 87 Accord with a 2 litre and a 5 speed manual. That car had lots of guts.

Red Star 1
06-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Why would anyone want to buy Caliber? Chrysler have really good looking cars, but Caliber is just too ugly.