The Wall [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: The Wall

intrepidguy692002
07-03-2002, 03:55 PM
alright tell me what u all think of this well first of all im a serious bass head if u know what i mean but im doin a crazy install in my 94 trepid yeah that old granny car is gonna be one mad ass bumpin bitch im gonna with a huge wall almost 30 cubic feet all the way up tp the celing i already vut out and removed the back seat and now i just have to save the $$$$ for the 2 18 inch inhumans and the 4 1200 watt JBL amps and the 4 yellow top batteries what do u think this is gonna hit im settin my hopes low sayn like mid 150`s oh yeah im gonna do some midbass midrange and tweeter work in kickpanels to but not like your gonna hear them anyways :tongue: but yeah all with 4 and 0 ga wirng and all that good stuff let me know what u think?????

l8rpony
07-03-2002, 04:00 PM
ill beleive it when i see it

intrepidguy692002
07-03-2002, 04:06 PM
i shit u not when i get it done or partly done ill post pics

Mish
07-03-2002, 05:42 PM
First off, Learn to use punctuation marks! That is the worst run on sentence I have ever read. My 2nd grader has better sentence structure than that!

Second, who is setting this system up for you? Or are you doing it in your garage? I suppose you are going to run 2 amps per 18 inch driver? Who is going to set that up for you? Is this for music or just one note? I hope you know what you're doing!

All I have to say is good luck! You're gonna need it! :eek:

Mish

EvilDeadFan
07-03-2002, 06:27 PM
You may want to invest in hearing aids now, and strong glass :)

blkbute
07-04-2002, 12:42 AM
if you like to cruise around and listen to music and have people hearing you 8 blocks away, that is defenatly not the way to do it. 18 inch woofers are a waist of time, go with 4 12s, go with Orion products, amps and subs, the HCCA stuff, www.orioncaraudio.com , cause if you think chics or people dig super ass loud, your wrong, loud is good, but there has to be SQ as well, or else people will just laugh. if you go with 4 12s, or mabe 2 10s, and 2 12's you will get madd ass bass, with 18inch woofers you can only play single notes on them, music does not go through 18, I feel personaly that 15 is too big. So with more smaller subs it may drop you spl a tad, not much just a tad, and you will haave some SQ avail so you can actualy cruise, (with ear plugs) this is just my opinion, and I just suggested Orion because I know they have a great product, Kicker is also good with the L7 square subs, hope this helps you to not waist your money on 18s.

Warlord187
07-04-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by EvilDeadFan
You may want to invest in hearing aids now, and strong glass :)

And screw everything back down weekly. :)

intrepidguy692002
07-04-2002, 03:45 AM
first of all punctuation marks, why? this isnt english class thanks for the thought though but ill pass,
and i plan on having my slot ports interchangeable one for SPL burps and one tuned to my resident frequency so i willl have some SQ and for everyday usage the amps will be turned down and i dont need my car to pick up chicks as u so put it
this im just gonna do it because i can and not to make anyone else happy except me and OMG yes im goin to set all this up by my self cuz im not goin to pay somebody 35 bucks an hr to do it for me
and thanks for the L7 idea but i know there ausome subs and all but everyone had them so scratch that idea oops another huge scentence by the way did i mention that i suck at spelling

Snorton Norton
07-04-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Mish
First off, Learn to use punctuation marks! That is the worst run on sentence I have ever read. My 2nd grader has better sentence structure than that!

Second, who is setting this system up for you? Or are you doing it in your garage? I suppose you are going to run 2 amps per 18 inch driver? Who is going to set that up for you? Is this for music or just one note? I hope you know what you're doing!

All I have to say is good luck! You're gonna need it! :eek:

Mish

Wat? I'z dont got no stinken baad inglish for a turd grader...

Smithery
07-04-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Snorton Norton

Wat? I'z dont got no stinken baad inglish for a turd grader...

An me ain't got no grammer probems needer! :D

(Sorry couldn't resist)

morrissjeffa
07-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Ok GUY,
Here is the down low---it's gonna suck. Pure and simple. Interchangable ports? Why? My frind had his car metered and it hit 144.2 with only 1 15 inch JL W3 and it was not even three hours broken in, and it was sealed.
So here you are now, your back seat I am thinking has been crudely ripped from it's home in your car aka the "Granny Moblie?" Well I don't know about you but my 3.5 ES is more than what my grandma needs.
Anywho. I think that you need to take some time and find out what it is that you are really after- SQ or SPL. If it is one or the other or both it will guide you in the direction that you need to go, which btw is not with a pair of 18's. 18's are pointless. They have such large amounts of cone area that it becomes uncontrolled and distorted, plus I can almost gurantee that you barely have the necessary space for one 18", let alone a pair!
12's and 10' are the best speakers to work with, they allow you to use multiple drivers, you have smaller enclosure spce that is required and the sound is just better. The fact of the matter is that you can achieve more sound and higher spl with multiple drivers of smaller size than of what you can get with just 1 or 2 huge drivers.
I think that you are just trying to put something in your car, and you have no idea of what you are doing. Go to some competitions in your area and talk to the guys, see what they are hitting and what they are doing it with. Go to your local shops, ask questions, obviously you have lots because you are fishing for whales in a puddle.
Finally, take some time to do some research!!! If you want your system to crank make sure you know what it is that you are doing!!! Four Yellow tops??? Uh- I don't think so. See you are already headed for disaster. Go to http://www.sounddomain.com and start asking questions there. They have lots of different forums geared for all levels of knowledge, classes of sound, and $$$ to spend. You are in serious need of instruction and I along with lots of others are willing to help, but damn, look before you leap. I spent four months reading, listening in stores, asking questions all over and just learning all I could about the products I wanted before I even spent a dime. It will be to your advantage if you do the same, I knew what my system was going to sound like even before it was in, and now that it is in, I have no regrets, I hope only the same for you.
Good Luck!
Jeff:)

LegitPoundin
07-05-2002, 07:43 PM
Personally I think it's a great idea. Depending on what your tuned to, I'm guessing you could do around 155-157 without any tweakin and possibly almost 160 with lots of tweakin and assistance from others. check out www.termpro.com for more assistance and the opinions you're looking for. Are you gonna compete?

intrepidguy692002
07-05-2002, 09:58 PM
thanks for some of the positive replys, i plan on doin some competing but not much just poundidn my brains out im doin the interchangle ports for spl then to sq well for the sq i can get with that setup and yes i do mean SPL and lots of it thats why i decided on the WALL i have done research and term pro is ausome thats where i do my research at plus my buddy does alot in this so he also helps me im ordern one of my subs on moday so im slowly gettin there all i have to invest the most in is time and i got alot of it to spend on my favorite hobby car audio and proving everyone wrong that says i cannt do this so yes, thanks and hope to hear more ill post pics one of these days

p3
07-06-2002, 08:13 AM
18" subs eh? I'm not sure wether to laugh, or to feel sorry for you spending so much money on them. But seriously though, as the others said, reconsider using smaller subs man.

EvilDeadFan
07-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Or how about the fact your going to have a wall in the back of your car, aka easy access to theft? I think its great you want to go to competitions, but investing all that money into a stereo, and having it on display like that doesn't sound like the best thing to do. I have killer sound in my ride right now with just 2 infinity kappa perfect 12.1 subs :)

LegitPoundin
07-07-2002, 04:25 PM
actually a wall is theft proof since it has to be built in the car, there's no way to remove it without taking it apart

morrissjeffa
07-07-2002, 06:39 PM
Who cares about a wall???? Just jack the stuff you want and off you go. I don't see where you think a wall will provide any kind of theft deterence? :confused:
Jeff

intrepidguy692002
07-07-2002, 07:06 PM
id like to see someone run off with a pair of 50 some pound woofers and take out all those screws in my front yard with 2 dogs that bark after any and everythign in a small ass town here all people do is watch out all there windows shit they eveen know when i come home at 3 4 or 6 in the morn so yeah its easier said than done and hey plus i dont go to bed till the sun comes up i dont think anyoen is gonan do that in board daylight

but they can try if it pleases them to get beat down:D :D :D :D :D

morrissjeffa
07-09-2002, 01:48 AM
breakin the law!!! breakin the law!!! breakin the law!!!

Come here so I can kick your ass!!!!

Hey, now that you put it that way, makes it more of a challenge!!!

But what really sucks is when you stuff gets jacked. We just recently had this guy who was released from prison for G.T.A. and so as soon as he is back out on the street what is he doin? Of course, jackin ppl's hard earned shit! What a dick, he put this one kid's truck who lives down the street from me into a pond. Beautiful white S-10 lowered, rims, 4 15's, 4 12's, lots of power and accessories and he gets the cops waking him up at 4 in the morning telling him that his ride was jacked right from his driveway, all of his system ripped off, and then dumped into a pond. SHITTY DAY!!! So yeah, be cool and support the fellow "boomers" in your area. Yeah it is cool to try to out-play one-anothe now and then, but you all have the love of something in common, so don't go jackin shit, earn your own keep.
Jeff

Good luck with your dogs guarding your stuff, treat 'em good when they catch the fool tryin to make out with some easy equipment.

intrepidguy692002
07-09-2002, 03:00 AM
oh yeah ill treat them well theyve saved my stuff once before but hopefully wont happen again but when i move out thats when it gets tricky suppose i gotta get a garage adn a alarm system, any ideas on which alarm i should get?????

EvilDeadFan
07-09-2002, 03:11 AM
Just looking out for a fellow intrepid owner.
And when I said they'de be in the open and could be stolen, I mean they'de jack the car and strip it later, like the guy who mentioned his neighbor with the sweet sounding s-10 that had 4 15"'s stolen and 4 12"'s stolen as well.

That would really suck hearnig about that.

morrissjeffa
07-09-2002, 11:20 AM
intrepidguy692002,
I just had a Viper 550 esp installed on my trep and it is beautiful! It is sensative enough to keep it safe,but doesn't go off when the wind blows. It is a little pricey, but worth every cent. I had it installed three days before that guy started jacking stuff around town.
Good luck!

intrepidguy692002
06-01-2003, 11:52 AM
well i fianlly got my wall put in and im working on the fiberglassing now sealing the cabin from the back half of the car played that inhuman WOW is all i can say tuned to 30 HZ that baby slams hard hopefully ill get back to my folks soon so i can take some pics of it all with the dig. cam and show a wall isnt a "waste" as some people think, i know that a good pair of 15`s or 12`s will slam but how many people do you knwo with 18`s in there car??:D :D

intrepidguy692002
06-01-2003, 11:58 AM

LOUD02Special
06-01-2003, 02:23 PM
:devil:
If you're hell bent on going 18", just buy one Kicker Solo X. It'll set ya back, but it's gonna sound a hell of a lot better than anything else you're gonna buy.
Kicker Solo X (http://kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?filename=SoloX.html&menu=SUBWOOFERS)
Check that out.
:devil:

intrepidguy692002
06-02-2003, 07:38 AM
go to www.termpro.com and make a post about beyond audio`s inhuman its a SQ sub but with great spl not just spl or sq and ive bumped it anyways and damn so friggen loud and clear i couldnt believe it its an ausome speaker but anywayz i am hell bent on gettin another 18 cuz i got 1 now check my cardomain page for pics of the woofer no install pics yet thoguh http://www.cardomain.com/id/intrepidguy (page 3 for system pics)
>beyond audio web page- http://www.beyondaudio.ca.tc
have fun lookin

intrepidguy692002
07-19-2003, 02:01 PM
i finally got my pics up of my wall and a tail light mod i seen on how to change your rev. lights to brake so i took it a step farther ran more wires and harnesses and got another pair of tail lights will post night pics ASAP:D :D :D :D

intrepidguy692002
07-19-2003, 02:03 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=208451 to my car domain page :p

Hypnos
07-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Looks good so far.

I would put a big metal guard infront of the sub though. You dont want that thing coming at you in an accident.

Is ia shop building that for you? How thick of wood is that? No braces?

intrepidguy692002
07-19-2003, 05:33 PM
no im building all of this myself actually i have3 tripple stacked 3/4 MDF on the face of the wall and everything else is double stacked MDF nailed and screwed and im holding it in place with bolts ran through the enclosure through my floor a few rachet straps and expanding foam... ahh nothing foam cannt fix. and as for bracing you can kinda see some in those pics there metal 90 degree pieces of metal with expanders on them and also misc strips of wood and support from the exterior

Jus' Trepping
07-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Ok if you want big db's don't run Jbl amps lol a Real wall consist of welding the doors and fiberglassing the rest of the box..second at 30hz your going to get no use-able bass from normal music...18's were mad ehow one reason making lots of bass........my perdiction 145.0db's you need better power and more

Hypnos
07-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Jus' Trepping
Ok if you want big db's don't run Jbl ampsNothing is wrong with JBL amps.

second at 30hz your going to get no use-able bass from normal musicA 30Hz tune is a little low for SPL, but definatly should be noticable. Especially on low bass notes. I should know. My last ported box was tuned to 25Hz.

you need better power and more Better power? Power is power. Theres no such thing as bad power.

EDIT: Whoops. 25Hz. Not 28Hz.

intrepidguy692002
07-19-2003, 10:52 PM
alright sorry i forgot to mention that it has an interchangable port so the 30 hz is for street bumpin and the other for spl burbs, and just so you know those JBL have clean power and alot of users out there that i know personally and no problems, and as for your "tips" on a real wall?? id say do some research before you talk welding and all that is called an EXTREME car and the glass in the box is for support so the box dossent flex therefore reducing SPL and i think its funny that im gettin install tips and your runnin
JVC Sh77 cd/cd-r/Mp3/Dvd
JVC 12 disc Changer
Massive Audio Ca200 (2050w)
2-Massive AudioPw's 12's
EFX Cap....JBC Wiring.....
JBC Dis.Box......1 killer install not yet complete

well im readin a killer install so lets see pics

Jus' Trepping
07-19-2003, 11:02 PM
A real wall(tubing it)(not a box with a flush front) involves fiberglassing it into place welding the rear doors shut since they won't open up (I'm not talking about an extreme car with strapping ect.) I'm assumming you have two boxes one for each...Anyways If your trying to diss my equipment don't bother.......You know nothing about what I have and what I HAD in my stang.......my amp alone is probally worth more then majority of your stuff( I don't know the cost of the subs)....I also had 2-15" Massive Cw 15's running off my ca 2oo and hit 149.6 db's in my Mustang and have built all my own boxes including fiberglass surports...I also assisted in a "true" wall setup in a guys car with 4- 15 cw's and 8 rs150's so I wouldn't say that I don't know what I'm talking about by the equipment I have!! ......When I said he needed better power I meant MORE!!! The majority of frequencies in a song is higher then 30Hz sure he'll pick up the lows.....

intrepidguy692002
07-20-2003, 04:39 AM
im aware that most fq are above 30 hz i also may know a thing about car audio and whats the point of having 10 amps lets say?? for an everyday driver?????? i think not , and it dossent relly matter how much your equipment costs its all in the install that yields the big #`s
and if you want to know how to build a wall go to www.termpro.com and do a search and whos gonna weld there doors shut? im not seeing any body doin this cuz they have a wall so id say you dont know as much as you claim but im not saying i know it all but i do know more then some

ximkolo
07-20-2003, 01:00 PM
i never heard your subs but i am intrigued to hear them now that you say they are good sounding 18's, i did not think it was possible to have that. but jbl amps are pretty good. maybe if i liked subs in my car i would be more supportive but in my case it is a waste of time and effort. i would just get a good 12 and be set, what is the point in having that much bass?

intrepidguy692002
07-21-2003, 09:01 PM
well i guess the reason I did the wall in my car is just because everyone mostly the local shops were telling me that i couldnt do it myself and that id mess something up and all that so I had to prove them wrong and do it and it turn out and ofcorse im always up for a good challenge so that is the basic reason and besides the fact that i love the major wow factor when people look in my car and their jaws drop :D
and as for the 18 yes it sounds relly nice sure it cannt hit as fast as lets say a 10 or 15 or something but it does the lows with ease, loud, and clear so im not dissapointed in the least and i would do it again any day some dont understand why i do the things that i do but should they??