I Smell Gas I See Gas [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: I Smell Gas I See Gas

bg2000
10-03-2006, 01:11 AM
:all: I got a 1996 Dodge Intrepid ES today I went to check my tranny fliud and I seen a puddle of water but it wasn't raining come to find out it was gas squirting out like crazy when I touched it what I wanna know is it the oring or the injectors and what do I replace the place I took it to gave me the run-around like they didn't know and it was too late to sit around because I had to go to work is this a easy fix or do I have to get a professional

sc.intrepid
10-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Bg,

1st don't run the car until you fix this. Fuel and hot engine components DON'T MIX !!!

You don't say where your leak is or if the puddle is on the ground or on top of your engine.

It may be your fuel injector o-rings. If the 1g is like my 2g the fuel rail gets pushed down on top of the fuel injectors and is sealed with orings. If the o-rings have had it then they could be leaking. It could also be a fuel line or where 2 lines meet at a connector.

Can you fix it? I have to take a few things off the top of my engine to get at my injectors. You don't say what engine you have so I don't know what you would need to remove.

spfrosty
10-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Well, if you have a 3.5 make sure this recall was fixed:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm?SearchType=QuickSearch&rcl_ID=98V184000&summary=true

Go here to see if your car has any outstanding recalls:
http://www-5.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp?screenName=recall&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29

:all: I got a 1996 Dodge Intrepid ES today I went to check my tranny fliud and I seen a puddle of water but it wasn't raining come to find out it was gas squirting out like crazy when I touched it what I wanna know is it the oring or the injectors and what do I replace the place I took it to gave me the run-around like they didn't know and it was too late to sit around because I had to go to work is this a easy fix or do I have to get a professional

Blkngold
10-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I have a '95 Intrepid that is doing the same thing. Its squirking fuel out of the top on one of teh injectors. Will Dodge still fix it even though it has 160K on it?

I am not the original owner so I don't have records to indicate if it was already done. I checked the recall page but it was not listed so those that mean its been done.

bat078
10-18-2006, 08:03 PM
call your local dealer and give the service dept your vehicle vin# and they will tell you if it has been done on your car

Xpid
03-18-2007, 10:09 PM
uh, sorry to bring this thing back from the dead. My intrepid is leaking threw the injectors as well right now, i was wondering if the dealership would do the recall on my car or not i got almost 185k on it and the recall hasn't been done, my engine is a 3.5l.

dodgerunner
03-18-2007, 10:22 PM
If the recall was manditory the dealer has to do it if it was never done.

Check with a dealer.

wfillier
03-19-2007, 12:03 AM
If its the 3.3, it could also be from the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail at the back drivers side. I had the same problem on my car about a month and a half ago. turns out it was just a failed o-ring on the regulator. My garage fixed it for free.

lightemup
03-20-2007, 12:40 AM
I believe it's been posted before that on a safety recall like the fuel rail one, there's no expiration and that the dealer *may* be obligated to perform it more than once if the problem recurs. Not sure about that, but I do know:

Chrysler site listed above will tell you if a particular recall has been recorded as done on your specific VIN. Doesn't matter how many miles are on car, or even if it's not the original engine; if the VIN check says recall not done, dealer will do it without question.