is the rotor sopost to? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: is the rotor sopost to?

Xpid
10-29-2006, 05:26 PM
i took the passenger side wheel off today to look at the break pads, and they where fine and all then i rememberd i' have been hearing a poping comming from that side so i started looking at things and trying to move stuff well i can almost pull the rotor all the way off i lack maybe half an inch to get it off... is it sopost to be like this?

EspizTrep
10-29-2006, 05:42 PM
when the wheel is on, its pushes against it and holds the rotor in place.

Xpid
10-29-2006, 11:17 PM
ok i taught so, but it was moving out that far with the caliper on it i was like WOW! i dont know if it's sopost to be like that.. also i saw a lot of greesing holes, how often should my syspension need greesed? I've noticed rusting on the shocks to, should i get new ones or will these be fine? thankz..

EspizTrep
10-29-2006, 11:27 PM
depends. if you feel like your ride is ruff and its something to look into. its rather expensive tho. yours is a 97 so i would think that you would get some more life outta the shocks. the rotors do move when the wheel is off. because the caliper does not actually hold it. the pads arent touching the caliper unless the pedal is pressed down.....the rim is placed against it and tightened to its torq specs.so as the rim holds against it you wont have that play in the rotor that you mentioned. as far as the greese holes. i dunno, maybe someone else can tell you.

had you edit. i was too damn drunk to spell right lol

DodgeyAussie
10-31-2006, 01:46 AM
Man the education system in this country has alot to answer for.

kennethpruett
11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Pretty painful reading.

KP

Gaze
11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
haha... that's great!

EspizTrep
11-01-2006, 05:23 PM
sorry about the last post. i was kind of out of it lol. my fingers are too fast for my hands and i was pretty far gone off a few drinks. who hasnt has a messed up post. lol

Dodgaholic
11-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Man the education system in this country has alot to answer for.

even AFTER the edit, that's still true...