HELP!!!, trans cooling line leaking [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: HELP!!!, trans cooling line leaking

Stv
11-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Good day to all

I need your help really bad

Sorry if this is a re post

One of my trans cooling lines is leaking and I canít find the tube on any autopart store :frown:

This tube is leaking because is making full contact with the inside boot, so the friction caused the tube starting to leak :obsessed:

Any suggestion or input would be very appreciated, I want to repair this by tomorrow :help:

Thanks

Rolm
11-05-2006, 04:11 PM
The easiest fix is cut the tube were the leak is and fix it by installing a rubber hose, use the rubber hose that is meant for a gas line. This it what I did 6 years ago and still going strong.

Stv
11-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Good idea, I was thinking on welding but a gas line sounds good for me

Since the pressure is so low, a gas line is good enough to hold, isnít it?

DrDodge
11-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Use power steering return line hose,, its a bit heaver,, and will last longer,, I think its 5/16" but dont quote me on that

11-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I found that there is a special line called transmmision fluid line avalible at your local part store designed for this.( cost is about the same)

cutt the old line before the attach point to the oem rubber lines.

Likewise I found that the heat of the hot tranny fluid going from the tranny will expand the line at the transfer place (tranny steel line to rubber) ussually blowing the line off after a few thousand klics.

hahahah when your at your most embarasing :smiley_aa

so I put a compression fitting on the hot out let line with a multiple barbed brass to rubber fitting attached to the compression fitting tighened down to the old out tranny line.

This seems to work well and since I have a tranny cooler in line the return line never heats up enough to justify a compression fitting ..

But time will tell

Stv
11-06-2006, 10:19 PM

I finally did with Rolmís method

Cutting the tube and putting a gas line was easy

But I screwed something :brutal_12

Now the socket where the tube attach the transmission is leaking, it looks like socket needs more torque or maybe it was excess of torque, Iím afraid to over screw the socket, I donít want to hurt my transmission :mad:

What can I do?

Iím so frustrated! :flush:

Please help me again! :icon_wink

mass04
11-07-2006, 12:58 PM
the flange at that end of the line might be leaking or the pipe has a hairline crack. Try tightening it a little. If that doesnt work I would go to the junkyard or call the dealer.

11-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Get the oem tranny lines

ouch $125 and replace , gentley