ATC dead ? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: ATC dead ?

carbonfybr
07-22-2002, 11:35 AM
has anyone experienced trouble with their auto temp control ?
the display in mine seems to have gone the way of the do-do bird.:dozeoff:
the controls still work, i can still get the fan to operate and control where the airs blowing. i just have no idea what temp it is.
anyone have any ideas or suggestions ??

YB Normyl
07-22-2002, 04:24 PM
There should be a thread here somewhere with self-diagnosis of the auto temp control head, It tells you witch buttons to push and hold. Sorry, I know this but I seem to be brain dead right now.:)

YB Normyl
07-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Wait here it is. Posted by rich00es

Here's what Haynes has to say:
To use the diagnostic mode on ATC models, have the engine idling, set the temp onthe panel to 75F and push in and hold the Floor, Mix (Defrost and lower air vent button), and Defrost buttons all at the same time until the display section blinks, then
release the buttons. "The control display will continue to blink, and then show 2-digit trouble codes, if any are present. The codes range from 23 to 51. "Only one code can be displayed at a time, but pressing the Panel button will display the next code, if present. "If there is a code indicating the problem is with the in-car ambient temp sensor, test the sensor's fan by turning on the system and placing a small sction of a tissue over the grille opening on the A/C control unit which incorporates a small fan that circulates
interior air past the sensor. If the tissue stays in place over the name-plate, the fan is working.
If the tissue won't stay in place, the fan is not running, and the sensor/fan assembly needs to be replaced. "To clear the codes diconnect the negative battery cable from the remote ground
terminal for 10 minutes."

jman
07-22-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Y B Normyl

To use the diagnostic mode on ATC models, have the engine idling, set the temp onthe panel to 75F and push in and hold the Floor, Mix (Defrost and lower air vent button), and Defrost buttons all at the same time until the display section blinks

:confused:

How is he supposed to set the temperature control to 75 if he can't read the screen. Maybe the screen is burnt out and he wouldn't be able to read the codes anyway.

Buy a stick on thermometer and live with it.

HA HA HA ! ! ! ! ! :biggrin:

carbonfybr
07-22-2002, 06:15 PM
thinkin the stick on a thermometer is the way to go. :eh:
oem-car-parts.com lists the stupid thing for like 320 bucks. :cry:
i dont think ill even BOTHER with the dealer.
ferget that noise. and theres NO wreckers in the area that have any parts that new. 98 ES just incase anyones wondering.
have to scope out on ebay, seen them there before.
i have no idea where else to look. :unhappy:

MikeW
07-22-2002, 07:15 PM
The error codes appear on the odometer.

Push the temp all the way down, just hit it about 30 times, From Low push up to 60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75

YB Normyl
07-23-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by MikeW
The error codes appear on the odometer.

Push the temp all the way down, just hit it about 30 times, From Low push up to 60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75

Thanks for clearing that up MikeW:biggrin:

carbonfybr
07-23-2002, 12:16 PM
no error codes generated.
i thought disconnecting the battery might "reset" things.
no such luck.
whatta piss off.
actually more of an annoyance than a piss off.
maybe give some other wreckers a call in the meantime.
thatll be fun ... :bored:

MoparPerformance
07-23-2002, 07:45 PM
Well, I got one that works from a 99ES if you wanna buy one.......?

carbonfybr
07-23-2002, 11:20 PM
what are you lookin to get for it mopar?
one of the wreckers out here is supposed to get back to me tomorrow. but i have no idea what theyre worth.
roughly i guess i do.
used theyre going anywhere from $75-$150 CDN.
least thats what dude at the wrecker told me.

MoparPerformance
07-24-2002, 12:04 AM
I may be aimin' a little high but I only have one. I would like to get $99 USD for it + 50% shipping cost. It is the digital ATC from a 1999 Dodge Intrepid ES, control unit, no wires or anything. It has been kept in a safe location untouched. This unit works great and has not had any problems. Let me know if you're serious and perhaps we can make a deal..........

Let me know

YB Normyl
07-26-2002, 10:36 PM
carbonfybr, you probably know this already but if you get it shipped to you in Canada the parcel value on the shipping papers has to be under $60, if you have it sent as a gift. (no pst, gst, duty, brokerage fees):)

carbonfybr
07-27-2002, 10:43 AM
yeah i remember all too well that "rule"
use it with eBay transactions all the time
thanks for the reminder tho Y B Normyl :)

on another note
i did manage to find two in texas for $35USD.
ill have to get on the horn and see if theyll ship up here.
thats my monday project.
also found one in ottawa for $100CDN.
at the moment im leaning towards the one from ottawa.
its a little easier to deal with should anything be wrong with it.
and by the time i take shipping and exchange into account itll work out to almost the same amount ...
theres others around too.
but $250CDN freakin dollars for a used one. :crazy:
i think not.
i can get a new one for $325CDN.:mg:

moparperformance, thank you for the offer.
however, im gonna check around the area a little more before i get to buying anything.

Ravin
07-27-2002, 11:44 AM
[quote]but $250CDN freakin dollars for a used one.[quote]

damn

carbonfybr
07-27-2002, 11:49 AM
damn

thats what i said too ...
actually i think i added a few explative words here and there
:D :D :D