Best Wheel Cleaner? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Best Wheel Cleaner?

FunkRider
07-28-2002, 09:17 PM
With my concord having these wheels http://pictures.dodgeintrepid.net/lhser/3.jpg (LHSer's fine ride, hope you don't mind me using this pic) this would be the first time i've had anything but steelies to clean. I though these wheels had a dark grey mist sprayed on them, then the face was machined. Nope turns out it was just brake dust after touching it with my finger. Out came the tooth brush, an hour later they are clean and they look much better than before.

Now that i've gone through that, i've decided to buy some rim cleaner that i can just spray on and hose off.

What works well on a clear coated wheel?
I had some simple green i used for my BMX, but it ran out a wile ago, seemed to work really well and smelled nice.

FunkRider
07-29-2002, 04:29 AM
Hmm... didn't even see this show and shine forum! lol ops

JoeKD
07-29-2002, 11:16 AM
I wax my wheels once a month with a liquid wax and then clean with water and a microfibre towel

they also sell detailing brushes at auto parts stores that are made just for cleaning your wheels which do a great job, look kinda like an oversized bottle brush

Snorton Norton
07-29-2002, 11:17 AM
I use a lot of Meguiars products on my R/T. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of their products.

As far as wheel cleaners, I use Meguiars 'Gold Class Instant Wheel Cleaner'. It works great for getting inside of my chromed wheels without the need to scrub, or even touch. You must be careful with this stuff though. Absolutely not for uncoated aluminum! As well, don't get this stuff on your paint! Will remove all dressings right down to the clear coat, maybe more...

A more gentle wheel cleaning product from Meguiars is 'Hot Rims /Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner'.

Check 'em out here:

http://www.meguiars.com./product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=CW

IntrepidXJ
07-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Meguiar's Hot Rims

Works very well. When I bought my Jeep, the rims were filthy (probably never been cleaned), I sprayed this stuff on and went at them with a brush. Worked very well :)

OneSpecialM
07-30-2002, 02:26 AM
i use P21S on my wheels, just spray it on, let sit, scrub and rinse...
nice and clean wheels =)

jossimbyr
07-30-2002, 04:57 AM
I used to use nothing but that Armor-All Quicksilver. They took it off the market, and then came out with the Quicksilver II, which doesn't work nearly as well. I bought the new Eagle One A to Z (in the clear orange bottle) when it first came out and have loved it. Works almost like the old Quicksilver.

jwilde
07-31-2002, 05:22 PM
I use EAGLE ONE Tire Shine.... Works great and lasts quite awhile!

MathWiz
07-31-2002, 06:09 PM
I found a brush at Wal-Mart that is like the California Car Duster except for your wheels. If they just have a fine coating of brake dust and they have not gotten wet, it takes the dust right off and leaves the wheel shiny. It was like 5 bucks.

Charles