Newbie [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Newbie


Pepsi_24_fan
07-31-2002, 03:01 PM
Hi I'm new to this FORUM thing, so bear with me. I am 26 yrs old, married for almost 2 yrs and have no kids. I have Muscular Dystrophy, and was diagnosed when I was 16...so you can say this is my 10 year anniversary! I try to participate in the Jerry Lewis telethon as much as possible. I live in West Des Moines, Ia and am a Big NASCAR fan! I yes am a Jeff Gordon Fan, but I've been a fan of his for over 10 yrs and I'm not going to jump either.
I also like the Dodges......my favorite Dodge Driver is Sterling Marlin. I recently got a chance to go to my first Nascar Race in Chicago this year, and am going to the IRL race in Sept. I have a 97 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 with 96k. My parents had a 96 Concorde which is basically the same thing, and needed a car. So I talked my wife into test driving the Trep. She fell in LOVE with it. The only bad thing is its BLACK...shows every scratch!

I also try to participate in political things too. I am a strict Republican and try to go to the Caucus every chance I can. I was raised in a Baptist Church, so hence very conservative! But I haven't gone to church in a few years, but still carry the values.

Well anyway...I look forward to talking with some of you and maybe meeting some of you in the near future.

RapidTransit
07-31-2002, 03:59 PM
Welcome, friend!

JoeKD
07-31-2002, 04:01 PM
welcome aboard!! this is a great site of people eager to help or just swap some opinions

be careful with your posts though, we had a member banned recently due to his insulting hateful manner of talking down to others

Ravin
07-31-2002, 04:57 PM
nothing wrong with a black 97 trep....heh heh, welcome to the boards.

Warlord187
07-31-2002, 07:25 PM
Welcome Pepsi. You seem to be a car guy so maybe you can clear up a little debate we are having. Do you know if Porsche makes a truck? I thought they made a truck, but others think not. Maybe it was just an idea and they never produced it. Do you know if Porsche makes a truck or not?

Anyway, again welcome to the boards.

Avenger
07-31-2002, 07:32 PM
Porsche makes an SUV, THEY DO OK! :)

concordia
08-01-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
I am a strict Republican and try to go to the Caucus every chance I can. I was raised in a Baptist Church
Don't worry, I'll be a strict left-wing socialist and a secular humanist, so we'll balance perfectly!:biggrin:

crombie
08-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
Hi I'm new to this FORUM thing, so bear with me.
Welcome to the site Buddy!! :bigsmile:

crombie
08-01-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by joekd
we had a member banned recently due to his insulting hateful manner of talking down to others
??????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Warlord187
Welcome Pepsi. You seem to be a car guy so maybe you can clear up a little debate we are having. Do you know if Porsche makes a truck? I thought they made a truck, but others think not. Maybe it was just an idea and they never produced it. Do you know if Porsche makes a truck or not?

Anyway, again welcome to the boards.

Its more of a wagon than an suv or a truck. It looks kinda cool. I guess its no different than the pt cruiser. And I like the Cruiser, so I may like this new Porsche. When people think of Porsche the sports car all ways comes to mind, so I dont know if this thing is going to do well or not.:bigsmile:

EvilDeadFan
08-01-2002, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the site!!

It's called the Porsche Cayenne.

If a SUB is going to have a Porsche name, I'm glad it looks like that. I think that'll roll into the turns much better than the typical boxy bretheren of past suv's :)

http://www.motortrend.com/feb01/cayenne/cayenne_f.html

http://www.motortrend.com/feb01/cayenne/Cayenne.jpg

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by EvilDeadFan
Welcome to the site!!

It's called the Porsche Cayenne.

If a SUB is going to have a Porsche name, I'm glad it looks like that. I think that'll roll into the turns much better than the typical boxy bretheren of past suv's :)

That does look kinda cool! I'd buy it over an EXPLORER any day, but that will be way out of my price range.

http://www.motortrend.com/feb01/cayenne/cayenne_f.html

http://www.motortrend.com/feb01/cayenne/Cayenne.jpg

EvilDeadFan
08-01-2002, 12:25 PM
Is there a reason for the quote?

JoeKD
08-01-2002, 12:27 PM
hey, I like our V8 family explorer!!

http://www.joekd.com/explorersm.jpg


not really fair to compare fords to porshes now is it? do you also compare mustangs to 911's?

Warlord187
08-01-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by EvilDeadFan
Is there a reason for the quote?

I was wondering the same thing, until I saw that he said something inside the quote, instead of after it. :)

This is what he said:

"That does look kinda cool! I'd buy it over an EXPLORER any day, but that will be way out of my price range."

:D

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by joekd
hey, I like our V8 family explorer!!

http://www.joekd.com/explorersm.jpg


not really fair to compare fords to porshes now is it? do you also compare mustangs to 911's?

I have always thought that the Explorer was ugly! It was too boxy. I was glad to see The Dodge Durango come out...rounded edges...not as boxy and it has character. The Explorer is still too boxy after what.....4 changes. And now the Expedition is a spitting image of the smaller Explorer. Although I do like the new electronic folding seats in them.

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by EvilDeadFan
Is there a reason for the quote?

Sorry EVIL!:blush:

VISION1
08-01-2002, 12:46 PM
hey pepsi---did you get my p.m.?

IntrepidXJ
08-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan


I have always thought that the Explorer was ugly! It was too boxy.

Mmmmm....boxy. Don't ask me why, but I like boxy cars :) As you can tell from my truck:

http://randy.langstraat.com/cherokee/3-17-02/driverside.jpg

crombie
08-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by VISION1
hey pepsi---did you get my p.m.?
Would you like to share with the rest of the class Mr Vision1?? :wink:

VISION1
08-01-2002, 12:49 PM
not much--just small talk

crombie
08-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by VISION1
not much--just small talk
Damn, I need to stop being so nosey!! :eek:

EvilDeadFan
08-01-2002, 12:51 PM
Yeah! and I do have great respect for fords, been around a long time. (lets not talk about ford escort early versions, nor should we even mention the word tempo) but I was not comparing. I'm saying if a highly priced suv that is promoting power and performance by a company that uses that as relgion, then they should be very aerodynamic and nimble :)

I love mustangs and porsches. I'd buy a mustang for the right price, too :) that or an Intrepid is my next car. Of course, the absolutely hot looking chick who im hoping to go out with wants her own Corvette, so who knows :)

crombie
08-01-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by EvilDeadFan
Of course, the guy who im hoping to go out with wants her own Corvette
Okkkkkkkkk......... the above quote made absolutely no sense.... UNLESS.... Evil!! Say it aint so!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid99


Mmmmm....boxy. Don't ask me why, but I like boxy cars :) As you can tell from my truck:

http://randy.langstraat.com/cherokee/3-17-02/driverside.jpg

Actually...i do like those. Although they do have a rough ride. I like them for one reason CHRYSLER PRODUCT! and the FIRST SUVs around. FORD likes to claim that they were the first SUV...not! Remember the Jeep Wagoneer? The very first SUV. So Suck on that FORD! and also that little Cherokee has been out way longer than any SUV!

VISION1
08-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by EvilDeadFan
. Of course, the guy who im hoping to go out with wants her own Corvette, so who knows :)

So that explains alot;) his g/f is just a cover:mg:

IntrepidXJ
08-01-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan


Actually...i do like those. Although they do have a rough ride. I like them for one reason CHRYSLER PRODUCT! and the FIRST SUVs around. FORD likes to claim that they were the first SUV...not! Remember the Jeep Wagoneer? The very first SUV. So Suck on that FORD! and also that little Cherokee has been out way longer than any SUV!

too bad they replaced it with the liberty :( hopefully one day i can pick up a 2001 cherokee :)

but remember, then jeep had the wagoneer out, it was part of AMC, not chrysler

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by VISION1


So that explains alot;) his g/f is just a cover:mg:

I was kinda thinking after he said that .....he maybe on the other side of the road....If you know what I mean?

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid99


too bad they replaced it with the liberty :( hopefully one day i can pick up a 2001 cherokee :)

but remember, then jeep had the wagoneer out, it was part of AMC, not chrysler

Yeah, I know! Whats wrong with the Liberty? I kinda like it. Car and Driver said it was better than the Explorer:wink: ! AMC was bought out by Chrysler and they use the same models and everything. At least Chrysler didnt dismantle The Jeep name and format. An if you think about it at least Daimler didnt dismantle Chrysler!

IntrepidXJ
08-01-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan

Whats wrong with the Liberty?

Real Jeeps have a solid front axle ;)

VISION1
08-01-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid99


Real Jeeps have a solid front axle ;)

But real Jeeps have round headlights;)

IntrepidXJ
08-01-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by VISION1

But real Jeeps have round headlights;)

No...square headlights!!!!! :)

EvilDeadFan
08-01-2002, 01:31 PM
Ok ok, so posting while on a call is a bad thing, I pick up on words that customer say heh.

If you'll notice though my brain went on proper track, and I said her afterwards. :) I'll post pics some time when im actually going out with her :P

VISION1
08-01-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid99


No...square headlights!!!!! :)
I never said I liked the Liberty's, the 80-90's Cherokee's can take a mean beating. I sank a 4.0, pulled the plugs,cranked it, threw them back in, started right up:D

EvilDeadFan
08-01-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid99


No...square headlights!!!!! :)


http://www.west.net/~awon/jeep.JPG

That sure looks like one of the first army jeeps ever, which was the original design for Jeep , a reaaal jeep :P oh and the yj, tj etc are direct decendants of those :) (they have round lights too, even similar grills) :P

TehKing
08-01-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
Actually...i do like those. Although they do have a rough ride. I like them for one reason CHRYSLER PRODUCT! and the FIRST SUVs around. FORD likes to claim that they were the first SUV...not! Remember the Jeep Wagoneer? The very first SUV. So Suck on that FORD! and also that little Cherokee has been out way longer than any SUV!

Not to nit-pick, but the first "SUV" was produced by Chevrolet starting in 1934 with the name "Carryall Suburban". It was based on the earlier "Canopy Express" which is dated back to at least 1924.

The Carryall Suburban could actually be used as a passenger vehicle, while the Canopy Express was more of a cargo truck.

Example of a Canopy Express, 1932 model (Left vehicle in picture with open sides):

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/history_content/bh-08.JPG

Example of a Carryall Suburban, 1936 model:

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/history_content/bh-09.JPG

EvilDeadFan
08-01-2002, 01:49 PM
First jeep :) not suv :)

Originally posted by LHSer


Not to nit-pick, but the first "SUV" was produced by Chevrolet starting in 1934 with the name "Carryall Suburban". It was based on the earlier "Canopy Express" which is dated back to at least 1924.

The Carryall Suburban could actually be used as a passenger vehicle, while the Canopy Express was more of a cargo truck.

Example of a Canopy Express, 1932 model (Left vehicle in picture with open sides):

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/history_content/bh-08.JPG

Example of a Carryall Suburban, 1936 model:

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/history_content/bh-09.JPG

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by LHSer


Not to nit-pick, but the first "SUV" was produced by Chevrolet starting in 1934 with the name "Carryall Suburban". It was based on the earlier "Canopy Express" which is dated back to at least 1924.

The Carryall Suburban could actually be used as a passenger vehicle, while the Canopy Express was more of a cargo truck.

Example of a Canopy Express, 1932 model (Left vehicle in picture with open sides):

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/history_content/bh-08.JPG

Example of a Carryall Suburban, 1936 model:

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/history_content/bh-09.JPG



Technically......The 1st Suburban can't be considered an suv...SUVs are 4 wheel drive, back then the suburban wasn't they were 2 wheel drive. So I was correct! The Suburbans were just a big station wagon

TehKing
08-01-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
Technically......The 1st Suburban can't be considered an suv...SUVs are 4 wheel drive, back then the suburban wasn't they were 2 wheel drive. So I was correct! The Suburbans were just a big station wagon

Not to nit-pick again, but an SUV doesn't have to be 4WD to be an SUV. The EPA has both 2WD and 4WD in that segment.

VISION1
08-01-2002, 02:56 PM
1950 Power Wagon Woodyhttp://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/woody/rfcampbell.jpg

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by LHSer


Not to nit-pick again, but an SUV doesn't have to be 4WD to be an SUV. The EPA has both 2WD and 4WD in that segment.

Oh....well thats Retarded! whoever came up with that terminology needs to be more specific with the Definition. I thought it was the 4 wheel drive family vehicles that where just the suvs. Well that just cleared things up. So when I go to buy an SUV I have to specify 4x or 2x?

VISION1
08-01-2002, 03:02 PM
They make 2wd and 4wd Explorers, 4runners, Rodeo's, Cherokees, etc........

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by VISION1
They make 2wd and 4wd Explorers, 4runners, Rodeo's, Cherokees, etc........

Why dont they just call them wagons.....Thats all they are!

IntrepidXJ
08-01-2002, 03:20 PM
SUV's are higher off the ground than wagons.

VISION1
08-01-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan


Why dont they just call them wagons.....Thats all they are!

Wagons are built on existing "car" chassis, and SUV's are built on existing "p/u" chassis. That's were the name Sport Utility Vehicle came from. A P/T Cruiser is actually classified as a Sport ute.
Why, I don't know

Warlord187
08-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Wouldn't the first SUV be the Jeep? If so, we can thank American Bantom for that. :)

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by VISION1


Wagons are built on existing "car" chassis, and SUV's are built on existing "p/u" chassis. That's were the name Sport Utility Vehicle came from. A P/T Cruiser is actually classified as a Sport ute.
Why, I don't know

Here....TRUCKwagon...CARwagon. :wink: that should take care of it. Sounds GOOFY but clears it up.

IntrepidXJ
08-01-2002, 03:25 PM
actually, cherokee's are usually listed as a wagon.

VISION1
08-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid99
actually, cherokee's are usually listed as a wagon.
Yes they are, and the Comanche P/u was the "Elcamino" of the Cherokee;)

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 03:38 PM
You know what I thought was Goofy? The other day I was on the Interstate and I saw one of those Ford Explorer Sportrack things, well anyway the damn thing had a TOPPER on it.......Tell me that aint MORONIC! C'mon....why do that? Why didnt that IDIOT get a Regular Explorer? But all that truck is.....4dr RANGER!

JoeKD
08-01-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
You know what I thought was Goofy? The other day I was on the Interstate and I saw one of those Ford Explorer Sportrack things, well anyway the damn thing had a TOPPER on it.......Tell me that aint MORONIC! C'mon....why do that? Why didnt that IDIOT get a Regular Explorer? But all that truck is.....4dr RANGER!

yes, that's exactly what it is, a 4 door ranger, full cab for five person seating yet still a bed for utility hauling

the rear of a regular explorer is open to the rear and carpeted front to back, the sport-trac has the bed sealed off from the cab

I wouldn't haul trash in the back of our explorer but would gladly put it in the bed of a sport-trac

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid99
actually, cherokee's are usually listed as a wagon.

But then why arent Explorers listed as a "WAGON"? I think Ford came up with the term SUV.....thats why the Explorer is the 1st SUV. and the Wagoneer was a WAGON.

JoeKD
08-01-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
But then why arent Explorers listed as a "WAGON"? I think Ford came up with the term SUV.....

as already mentioned, the Explorer is based on a truck frame, not a car frame, that alone makes it "qualify" as a SUV

VISION1
08-01-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
You know what I thought was Goofy? The other day I was on the Interstate and I saw one of those Ford Explorer Sportrack things, well anyway the damn thing had a TOPPER on it.......Tell me that aint MORONIC! C'mon....why do that? Why didnt that IDIOT get a Regular Explorer? But all that truck is.....4dr RANGER!

They are pretty goofy, but they sell. Nissan and Ford have been sending those things all over the world. We were the last to get them.


(joekd- maybe you should move this over to the Auto industry threads?)

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by joekd


yes, that's exactly what it is, a 4 door ranger, full cab for five person seating yet still a bed for utility hauling

the rear of a regular explorer is open to the rear and carpeted front to back, the sport-trac has the bed sealed off from the cab

I wouldn't haul trash in the back of our explorer but would gladly put it in the bed of a sport-trac

Ford must think we are stupid. It looks more like a Ranger; why not call it simply the 4dr Ranger Sportrak? I know...........cause the Explorer name SELLS!......WHOA a new Explorer SUV! DUH I ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION:biggrin:

JoeKD
08-01-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
Ford must think we are stupid. It looks more like a Ranger; why not call it simply the 4dr Ranger Sportrak? I know...........cause the Explorer name SELLS!......WHOA a new Explorer SUV! DUH I ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION:biggrin:

you are wrong again, the ranger and the explorer have different dimensions, the explorer is larger than the ranger in every way, for instance the axles on the Explorer are a full three inches wider

maybe you should look up some actual figures to back up your opinionated comments huh?

IntrepidXJ
08-01-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by VISION1

Yes they are, and the Comanche P/u was the "Elcamino" of the Cherokee;)

i wouldn't mind having a comanche, either :)

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by joekd


you are wrong again, the ranger and the explorer have different dimensions, the explorer is larger than the ranger in every way, for instance the axles on the Explorer are a full three inches wider

maybe you should look up some actual figures to back up your opinionated comments huh?

Look all I'm saying is it looks more like a Ranger even the Front end. It looks nothing like an Explorer other than it has 4 drs. Chevy has a 4dr s-10......they dont go out and name it the BLAZER! and WHOA a whole 3 inches that makes a BIG difference in what they should call it.

VISION1
08-01-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan


WHOA a whole 3 inches that makes a BIG difference .

That what she said;) :D :D :D :D

JoeKD
08-01-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
Look all I'm saying is it looks more like a Ranger even the Front end. It looks nothing like an Explorer other than it has 4 drs. Chevy has a 4dr s-10......they dont go out and name it the BLAZER! and WHOA a whole 3 inches that makes a BIG difference in what they should call it.

like I said, look up some actual figures to back your idiotic claims

the one example I gave of the axles shows that the two are very different vehicles

you really are annoying jumping to conclusions and basing your opinion on your perception not actual facts

have you ever driven either a ranger or an explorer? have you even looked closely at either one? do you really have a clue?

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by joekd


like I said, look up some actual figures to back your idiotic claims

the one example I gave of the axles shows that the two are very different vehicles

you really are annoying jumping to conclusions and basing your opinion on your perception not actual facts

have you ever driven either a ranger or an explorer? have you even looked closely at either one? do you really have a clue?

I just did. I compared the Explorer Sportrack and the Ranger 4dr 4wd EDGE.....They were equal except the fact that the Explorer was 3 inches higher and the cab is bigger and the Box is smaller, and it has more KNICK-KNACK than the Ranger. But I also compared it to the 4dr s-10 and I myself since I am NOT a Ford fan would rather have the s-10 zr5....now that looks cool!

JoeKD
08-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
I compared the Explorer Sportrack and the Ranger 4dr 4wd EDGE.....They were equal except the fact that the Explorer was 3 inches higher and the cab is bigger and the Box is smaller, and it has more KNICK-KNACK than the Ranger

good boy, I'm proud of you, now you see the difference, less trucklike, more passenger comfort...

bigger cab=more passenger room=SUV
bigger bed=more cargo room=truck

thank you for doing your homework

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by joekd


good boy, I'm proud of you, now you see the difference, less trucklike, more passenger comfort...

bigger cab=more passenger room=SUV
bigger bed=more cargo room=truck

thank you for doing your homework

I just talked to a salesman at a local Ford dealership and he said that the Sportrac " IS " on a Ranger Frame. Just that they made a bigger cab and smaller box.

JoeKD
08-01-2002, 05:11 PM
and again as stated earlier

Originally posted by VISION1
Wagons are built on existing "car" chassis, and SUV's are built on existing "p/u" chassis. That's were the name Sport Utility Vehicle came from

so thank you for proving the Explorer is an SUV

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by joekd
and again as stated earlier



so thank you for proving the Explorer is an SUV

But the Wagoneer wasnt built on a "CAR" frame. And the Sportrac "IS" in other words a RANGER!

JoeKD
08-01-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan
And the Sportrac "IS" in other words a RANGER!

no, it's not, lookk at the evidence so far

-different axles=different mechanicals
-different cab=different passenger comforts

not the same thing...

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by joekd


no, it's not, lookk at the evidence so far

-different axles=different mechanicals
-different cab=different passenger comforts

not the same thing...

So what the 2x Ranger isnt a Ranger since it aint the same height and dementions. They are basically the same size....the cab is bigger the box is smaller on the Sportrac and the Cab is smaller and box is bigger.....It dont take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Look at the specs. on www.ford.com and the only differences are the cab and box sizes....the length of the box maybe longer on the Sportrac because the used the extender. Same engines, sportrac may have a tad bigger tank, but minor......Everything is the same except height. Doors are the same; wheels are even the same.

Warlord187
08-01-2002, 06:20 PM
Ummmmmmmmm..........who cares what platform the Sport Trac is on. It's butt ugly either way!

Pepsi_24_fan
08-01-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Warlord187
Ummmmmmmmm..........who cares what platform the Sport Trac is on. It's butt ugly either way!

Yeah, it is I was just trying to prove my point! that is what brought this subject up was I said some Idiot put a topper on the sportrac....why didnt he get a regular Explorer.

Warlord187
08-01-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan


Yeah, it is I was just trying to prove my point! that is what brought this subject up was I said some Idiot put a topper on the sportrac....why didnt he get a regular Explorer.

Why didn't you get a Concord?

It doesn't matter if the Sport Trac is based on the Ranger or the Explorer platform. The Sport Trac is different than either of those two. The dude wanted a Sport Trac so he got a Sport Trac. Maybe at that time he was hauling something that he didn't want to get blown around, wet, or what not, so he put a topper on it.

IntrepidXJ
08-01-2002, 09:06 PM
speaking of the wagoneer....read this:

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b073002.htm

Warlord187
08-01-2002, 09:40 PM
Remember the Jeepster? :)

VISION1
08-02-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Warlord187
Remember the Jeepster? :)
http://www.the-bridge.net/~ray/greenjeep.gif

EvilDeadFan
08-02-2002, 08:14 AM
Having worked at a ford dealership for a year before, I can definately tell you a sporttrac definately is on an explorer chassis.

Smithery
08-02-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by VISION1


But real Jeeps have round headlights;)

...and a hose out interior. None of that fancy, shmancy carpet.

Smithery
08-02-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Warlord187
Ummmmmmmmm..........who cares what platform the Sport Trac is on. It's butt ugly either way!
I kinda like it actually. I'd buy one if it wasn't so damn expensive.

VISION1
08-02-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Intrepid99
speaking of the wagoneer....read this:

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b073002.htm

It looks too much like Tonka Truck:confused:

Pepsi_24_fan
08-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Warlord187


Why didn't you get a Concord?

It doesn't matter if the Sport Trac is based on the Ranger or the Explorer platform. The Sport Trac is different than either of those two. The dude wanted a Sport Trac so he got a Sport Trac. Maybe at that time he was hauling something that he didn't want to get blown around, wet, or what not, so he put a topper on it.

My thing is the whole Vehicle is stupid. The reason this is an issue is its the same size as the Ranger its on the ranger frame and it looks like a ranger....why not call it a ranger.....The Explorer name sells. FORD dont make much sense! And the reason why I didnt want to by a Concorde, because I dont like buying the same thing that everybody has, and the Intrepid was cheaper!

VISION1
08-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan


And the reason why I didnt want to by a Concorde, because I dont like buying the same thing that everybody has, and the Intrepid was cheaper!

That made no sense at all:confused: For one, I see a hell alot more Intrepids than Concords. Just my 2 cents

Pepsi_24_fan
08-02-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by VISION1


That made no sense at all:confused: For one, I see a hell alot more Intrepids than Concords. Just my 2 cents

Like I said before....My Parents have a Concorde...so I didnt want to copy them....Yes I know the Eagle and the Intrepid are the same thing but the Concorde has alot more toys to jump the Price! My wife didnt want the same thing they had....she wanted the same car, but not the same style!

VISION1
08-02-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi_24_fan


Like I said before....My Parents have a Concorde...so I didnt want to copy them....Yes I know the Eagle and the Intrepid are the same thing but the Concorde has alot more toys to jump the Price! My wife didnt want the same thing they had....she wanted the same car, but not the same style!
The interiors of the Concord and the Vision are indentical. Except for the fact that the Treps and Visions you can get the Autostick. The chrome bezzels in the Concords don't drive the price up that much. BTW, my mother has a Concord too.....

Gtchampion
08-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Oh hello and welcome the the DIF, Pepsi_24_fan.

GotMilk
08-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Welcome.....:D

Pepsi_24_fan
08-08-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by GotMilk
Welcome.....:D

Same too you!:biggrin: