DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

TCPMeta's sig page.

28K views 286 replies 32 participants last post by  TCPMeta 
#1 · (Edited)
2000 Dodge Intrepid ES
3.2L engine

Engine mods:
K&N coldair
Flowmaster 40 with dual outlets (tips hidden)

lubes and coolant
Valvoline ATF+4
Mobil 1 5w30
Toyota red radiator coolant

sound system and computer in car
3way Pioneer speakers in front doors and back deck.
Soundpex cab with 2 pioneer 10s in trunk.
BOSS ch350 4 channel amp 400watts.
Unknown brand 7inch motorized touch screen LCD
Intel 2.4GHz Pentium 4
Soyo brand motherboard
M2-ATX (160watt) intelligent DC-DC power supply
1GB ram (Two sticks of 512MB PC3200)
Seagate 20GB IDE hard drive
globalsat USB GPS unit
Logitech NetPlay keyboard
Custom slimed down WinXP SP2

future mods
port and polish head
bore out block for 3.5L pistons
headers
replace final resonator with Y pipe.
upgrade alternator
underdrive pulley
3.89 gear mod
MSD PN 8228 coils (I know but they can work with a little modding and with the right cables)

This was the Apple Sawtooth I had in the car but it died. Now it's a PC.

See less See more
#78 ·
I've been rebuilding the carputer and have added some neat things to the new system.
This time i'm going to put the carputer under the right front seat. I'm planning to make some air filters for the fans so dust and crap don't get sucked up. Also this will make things easy for getting to the DVD drive. Too bad a IDE cable can't reach from the trunk to the dash.

Tomorrow i'm going to install some new brake pads and if I have time take out the cats and install 4 O2 sims I bought.

Has anyone ever thought/tried using a MegaSquirt ECU system in a trep?

#82 ·
Intel D945GTPLKR motherboard
Intel Celeron D 330J 2.66GHz
Four sticks of Samsung 1GB DDR2 PC3200 (400MHz) $GB total
M2-ATX power supply
EnLight media center case (perfect size for the spot I want it)
NEC NR6500 dual layer 8x DVD drive
20GB Western Digital hard drive (was pulled from my old iBook)

In all I spent around 150 for this new build. A lot of parts were used parts I received from older/used systems and for the memory I used my old job's discount at compusa.

#86 ·
I just got back from a friends house and before I shut off the car I took some pics of the neons. My car is a bit dirty so sorry.

Heres a video of my subs sound reactive neons. Forgive me I used my cell and the audio sucks. I had Death's - Suicide Machine playing and my phone doesn't like high end sounds.

#87 ·
Ok, the Paint inside the hood was getting cooked off. The hood was replaced once before but it was painted with that cheap maco crap. I repainted it with high heat spray paint. I did the same style with my slowrolla but with black and blue and also did it to my old charger with white and black. So heres black and red.

Red, Black and Clear.

I haven't install these yet, im still making up my mind about it, they were on sale.

You can see the paint has been cooked off to almost bare metal.

Cheap after market hood!

Clean up was a *****, used a razor and a flate head screw driver.

Coat one (black, three coats red)

Prep for final two black coats.

Two coats later.

Final product

Installed back onto the trep.

News paper got stuck on that one part that you can see but after it cures i'll sand it and touch it up then i'll add a coat or two of clear.

#95 · (Edited)
Well I was planning to do a few things under the hood today but zeus opened the clouds and said "I hate you" then made it rain. When the rain let up to a mist I ran out and unbolted my center tail light. I ended up doing a paint job that I've been thinking about for a while now. At first it didn't come out the way I was hoping for. A friend of mine came over and he asked if I had some left over window tint I used to patch a broken window that had a spider crack (My sliding door on the house). I looked in my paint locker and pulled it out. It matched perfectly. I spent a hour cutting it to size and putting it on, by time I was done it was getting dark and the light was already back on the car.

You can still see the intrepid on the trunk. It's the under coat of the paint. Damn glue took off the paint!

I didn't make the paint glossy. I wanted it to have a semi flatness to it.

While it was raining cats and dogs I got my order of carbon fiber vinyl in and tried it out on the glove box handle. I didn't take any pics, the stuff peeled off after a hour. Next time I will use a better cleaner then windex to clean the surfaces. I did how ever paint my A/C's knob chrome. When it dried it came out a brushed aluminum finish. I didn't take any pics of it aswell. I'll have some tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.