DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Chrysler 300M Special Turn Signal Mirrors On My Trep

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Railoffroader2 
#1 ·
I'm not sure how it happened, but it started about 2 months ago and is getting worse. The internal fluid (dye) for the auto-dim feature for the driver's side mirror has all but seeped out through what looks like a pinhole in the mirror middle/left. There is condensation inside the mirror top which is spreading downward in layers as time passes.

Sometimes the mirror looks like it's in dimmer mode during daylight.

Can the mirror itself & associated electrical connection(s) be carefully removed & replaced or does the entire mirror including housing have to get replaced?

Also my passenger side power mirror now only aims up or downward and not left to right which has to now be adjusted manually by hand.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe a project for me at Dan's meet?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Your mirror blinker fuid is leaking out Fred!

Glass comes out fairly easy as stated above.

Passenger side problem sounds like the moter is either defective or jammed. What color are your mirrors. I think I still have my black passenger side one left over after the black R/T got totalled.

#9 ·
My mirror housings were custom painted flat black by Jake so as to resemble the standard mirror and not be so glossy like the 300M Specials.

Thanks for the part #'s. I'll have to see where I can find one and for how much. Rather not go to the dealer unless I absolutely have to.

#5 ·
I think you can buy the mirror glass fairly cheap new. I'm on the road and don't have my parts catologs on the laptop. I'm sure someone can look it up for you here on the forums and get you the part number.

#6 ·
[GTK] = MIRRORS - POWER FOLD-AWAY
[GTQ] = MIRRORS - PWR HEATED MEMORY FOLD-AWAY
[GTS] = MIRRORS - POWER HEATED, FOLD-AWAY
[GU7] = MIRRORS - PWR,HEAT,MEMORY,FOLDING,AUTO DIM
[GT8] = MIRRORS - POWER
[GUC] = MIRRORS - POWER, FOLD-AWAY, AUTO DIM
[GUD] = MIRRORS - PWR,HEAT,MEMORY,FOLDING,AUTO DIM
[GUE] = MIRRORS - PWR,HEAT,MEMORY,FOLDING,AUTO DIM, EUROPE
[GUG] = MIRRORS - PWR,HEAT,MEMORY,FOLDING,AUTO DIM, MIDDLE EAST
[GUP] = MIRRORS - POWER HTD, MEMORY, FOLDAWAY

2 GLASS, Mirror Replacement
05018306AA 1 [GUP,GUD,APA,GU7], Right
05018467AA 1 [GUP], Left
05093643AA 1 [GTK,GUE], Right
05103259AA 1 [GU7,GUD], Left

#8 ·
For the Special mirrors you'd need the glass from on of the folding.auto-dim mirrors. Should be GU7/GUD. They did make auto-dim mirrors that were non-folding also. The glass sizes and shapes are different between the folding and non-folding types.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.