DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1996 Dodge Intrepid Blowing 10 amp Air Conditioner Fuse

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  DLL66 
#1 ·
I have a 1996 Dodge Intrepid (3.5L) that blows teh 10 amp A/C fuse after about 15 minutes of use. I changed the control switches that control the fan speed, temperature control and the defroster and that didn't help. I understand that this fuse also controls the ABS? Anyone come across anything like this? It is in the shop now for over 3 weeks and the shop is stumped on this one.

#3 · (Edited)
According to the panel, it is the A/C fuse. Blower runs at all speeds after the A/C fuse blows. What I can't control is switching from vent to defrost (etc), it is stuck where ever setting when the fuse blows and I can't change the temperature. The fuse does not blow until after 15-20 minutes and the A/C does not blow cold air. Also, the rear defrost button does not turn on.

Not up to the acronyms of MTC or ATC....I'm guessing you may be refering to the the temperature controls? It is not digital, it is old school turn the dial.

#7 ·
Looking at the owner's manual, the fuse in Cavity #6 (which is blowing on me) also contain circuits for ABS Module and Speed Proportional Steering. What is a Spped Proprtional Steering?

The fuse won't blow if the car is running and sitting still. It will blow around 20 minutes of driving. I'm now guessing it has nothing to do with the AC/Heat areas. Anybody have any ideas??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.