DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Anyone feel like taking a gamble on one of these?

5K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  BiliTheAxe 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I put in an order for two. Worst case Ebay gives me my money back. My mom would love to have one in her Expedition.

#16 ·
just bought one too for a friend who didnt have the money to replace his 10 yr old JVC that crapped out. lol. his opening is a factory double din. Thanks for the link :)

#21 ·
Yeah, looking at all the other items it's definitely not legit.

I'm guessing they either hacked/phished someone's account to use or just slowly built it up and are not bombing it with as many scams at once as possible. Once paypal refunds buyers their money the account will be emptied and closed. Paypal ends up having to eat the costs, which makes you think they'd be keeping a closer eye on it.

#22 ·
Yea, I'm watching the auction.

The negative ratings come from either product not received, or from product that wasn't of high enough quality... and a lot of the feedback seems to be on mundane items that are pointless, and all have nearly the same feedback word for word... makes ya wonder...

#23 ·
All of the items for sale that are questionable were posted Nov 2 and Nov 3. There is no feedback for like items in the sellers feedback history. Scam. Oh well, Ebay will refund all of the victims (myself included).

#25 ·
Will be fun to see what happens. The seagate HDD is the most tempting to me - kinda hard to fake those with out totally faking them... I mean, the indash units will be real in-dash units, but be like the original hi-phones or something... but the sealed HDD from Seagate with sealed pouches... are they a bulk buy from a PC builder's overstock, are they a freight salvage from a container spill, are they stolen goods from a hijacking... etc etc etc.

#32 ·
The part that worries me is the shipping.

Free shipping by Regular AirMail Takes 15-28 working days delivery! All items will be shipped within 24 hours upon receipt of cleared payment.
Probably because Christmas is coming,
the project will be delayed arrival!!
Its gonna be 3-6 weeks before you get it, so you aren't even gonna know if its for real or not for a while. And I'm not seeing why Christmas is going to delay this. Good luck though!

#34 ·
I tipped Ebay off to the seller and they pulled the listings. I bought 2 but I highly doubt they were real.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.