DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

TransGo Shift Kit installation...

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ronbo 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed one of these? I got mine today. It will be a few weeks before I'm able to put it in but I read through the manual that came with it today, I *think* understand everything but there's a few things I'm unclear on. Like, what's a "bathtub" (besides, of course, the thing you take a bath in). The context is "If the valve body has a bathtub...[thing to do, I think it is install a clip from the kit]. Also, there is a hole (and an included drill bit) that is to be drilled out. Having not the VB in my hand, I can't just look, but is this hole to be drilled all the way through, or is there a limited depth.

That's all I've got right now, but I may have other issues as I am doing it so if anyone will be around to answer a question or two I'd be eternally grateful.

#3 ·
Well, I got one! Not expensive, supposedly firms up the shifts and can potentially extend the life of the transaxle. Mine's plenty old, lots of miles, but the clutches aren't slipping yet. It *does* have a failure to engage issue that if I have read others correct, is related to one of those piston seals leaking down and depriming one of the hydraulic circuits. That's the other reason I got the shift kit, I think it will take care of that issue as well. (I'm going to re-research that problem and make certain that the seal in question is among those repalced with the shift kit first before I even open it up so I will be able to get the appropriate seal ordered if not and I won't have to either extend or turn it into two separate repair procedures.)

#8 ·
Never heard of an LH differential chain breaking or shitting the bed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.