DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Stereo Question??

7K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Intrepticon 
#1 ·
Im installing an aftermarket stereo as we speak!anyone know what the purple and yellow wire on the back of the original CD/Tape player is for?it had a harness that plugged into the back,and also a good spot for the ground wire!Im kinda new at wiring so any feedback would be great:smileyvault-newhere

#4 ·
I did figure that out thanks!sorry if in wrong forum!anyway i hooked it all up and have power just no sound!!UUGGHHH,i installed a Pioneer DEH-X65BT and used a scosche CR012 harness,where does the 3rd plug on the harness go into or is that one not used?Im stumped checked fuses and all wiring 4X:baseballbat: and think i have searched everywhere on the site!

#5 ·
I just took a look at the stock radio I took out of my Trep. The 2 solid yellow wires say "battery/constant" and the solid purple wire says "rear positive" Not sure if this helps. I suck at wiring so I bought a kit on eBay that eliminated splicing/cutting. You might wanna consider getting one.

#6 ·
Thanks! I got a kit but im thinkin the wrong one maybe?seen on here it should only be 2 connections i think and i did not by-pass the amp,know the unit is good!anymore ideas anyone?i did not by-pass the amp is that why?thought i would get some sound

#9 ·
Thanks for the info!Not D!#&*ish at all. Purpose of this forum is questions right?This is the amp i believe there? and i am not trying to by-pass it,only if it makes it sound better or too make it work!got a new harness today,the old one had 3 connections!!odd looking?A Scosche and the new one is Metra with 2 connections.gonna wire up the new one and ill let you know how it works out.Thanks again

Attachments

#10 ·
Those pin outs for the 2002-2004 Base radio aren't going to help him in this case. 2002-2004 Base Audio cars didn't have an amp and the wiring isn't shown for it.

You need to connect the amp turn on wire from your aftermarket radio to the Dark Green wire with the Red stripe (car side wiring). That's pin 1 on the black connector you show in your third picture. I don't know what color the wire is on your aftermarket radio but it should be listed in the documentation that came with it. Usually it's a blue wire or a blue wire with a white stripe. Once you hook that up you should get sound.

If you need the pin out connections for a 2000 car with the amp...I can upload them and post them. Let me know if you need them.

#11 ·
Here's the three connectors for the radio in your 2000. C1, C2 are the 7 pin Black and Gray connectors. C3 is the single pin PCI Bus connection that you don't need to worry about because you're installing an aftermarket radio. Good luck.

#13 ·
Thanks guys for the info!got it working finally.the old harness was not connected to the remote for the Amp,2nd harness was easier and took no time!Heres how it looks,but dont like the dash install kit!Next is some new speakers all over,it sounds really good though.Impressed w the aftermarket deck so far!got an old 10in Eclipse Sub laying around i wanna try to work into the rear armrest behind,that would be cool!!Thanks again for the help :D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.