DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Veeb0rg's 1995 Dodge Intrepid Sig Thread.

19K views 59 replies 26 participants last post by  Daytrepper 
#1 · (Edited)
1995 Dodge Intrepid
Spruce Pearl
3.3l w 124k

More Pictures Here

Mods:
Short Ram Intake
Color Matched Valve Covers
Billet Aluminum Breathers
Eibach Springs / KYB Struts
Autostick
300m Special Wheels and Tires
300m Leather Bucket Seats
300m Special Spoiler
300m Chrome Shiftknob
Full Blue LED interior conversion
2 Tone ES Bumper
136amp Alternator
"SE" Gear Set

More Pictures Here

See less See more
#40 · (Edited)
Ok, Story Time. Buddy borrowed my car for a while. Returned it to me mentioning there had been a few issues but he had "fixed" them. Cue me driving around and the car cutting out. Open the hood and finding several wires on the harness had melted together, and then finding 50-60 amp fuses in 20amp holes. So the car sat. Every time I looked at it I just got angry.

I finally had enough. I got under the hood and started tracing wires, pulling the melted ones apart. I dropped a battery in it and turned the key.

It was much noisier on the very first start, most of it being the lifters had collapsed from the long time sitting. It has a miss, which is related to the ticking noise. I'm gonna change the oil/plugs/wires and run some marvel mystery oil through it. If the noise/miss is still there after that, I'm gonna check the injectors and pull the valve covers off. It definitely could use fresh gas, whats in the tank is old.

End of the day, It runs again. It went right into gear when I shifted it. It needs a lot of cleaning and elbow grease, but I've got my car back.

#46 ·
#48 ·
So.. I think my car is part "Christine". I started it this afternoon to move it and..

I even drove it around the block, everything worked well, trans shifted smoothly. Tires need some air but other then that a good cleaning and a little freshing up and I think she'll be good to go.

#58 · (Edited)
In an effort to support my crazy, I threw a battery in it and it fired right up. I drove it around for an hour after putting some fresh gas into it and filling the tires. The only thing that doesn't work is the wiper motor seems to have frozen up. There is even less paint on it these days and I found a rust bubble on the driver side rocker. I might put the time into it, I dunno yet. I found more of my exfriends handy work. two 40amp fuses in 10amp spots in the interior fuse block. Interior lights/cig lighter don't need a 40amp fuse.

Odometer reads 128k now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.