DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

300M Climate control problems

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  smoke1962 
#1 ·
It seems to be that my climate control does not work, And at night half the lights on it are missing. It only blows FULL heat from the vents, and nothing else. No AC, No half heat, or vent.. Nor can I change it from defrost, floor, etc. If I bang on the control panel it seems to jump back into life, but shortly maxes back to full heat.

Someone said it was my blend door, but I don't think so considering the controls appear to be not working. What would cause this? how can I fix it?

Also.. My CD player Does NOT work. I've tried lens cleaning CDs and those didn't even read. I just get "error" and nothing works.

And, How do I replace the back deck 6x9'' speakers as well as the front centre dash speaker? I guess I should get a haynes manual for it... but wondering if anyone could chime in.

#2 ·
On the ATC, your best bet might be to by a used one - way less than $50. Your lights and the fucntional issues may or may not be related - meaning there may be more than one problem causing lights and functional issues.

Have you run the self-diagnostics on the ATC - see FSM on how to do, or somebody will post them.

Somebody will come along on the CD player either telling you how to fix it or that it's toast.

*Don't* get a Haynes manual. FSM is the only way to go.

#7 · (Edited)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Which means you'll have to get 2 ohm speakers.

to get the front dash speaker out.. pull the side A-pillars (plastic between front windshield and front door)..pull them inward toward the rear view mirror.. to get the pillar out tilt it slightly upward and pull the pillar toward you.. the base of the pillar is tucked under a tab on the ends of the dash piece covering the speaker.... to get the panel off covering the speaker get something underneath the edge(preferably at the sides where you removed the pillar to keep from messing up the dash) that panel then pops upward..held in with about 5 clips..once you get the clips popped up..pull the panel towards you, there are metal tabs that tuck(slide) under something at the front ..near the windshield. so remember that when putting that panel back in if it's not sitting properly

Has anyone tried using 2 4Ohm speakers on each side to get the 2 ohm? curious....

#8 ·
My Display on the climate control quit on me too.I removed the entire control panel and disassembled it then soldered all the connections on PCB .Cleaned and reassembled and now its as good as new.

as for your stereo CD player not working ,Mine quit too so I Just replaced it with a nice Pioneer Head unit that I connect to my iPod .No more Cds no more hassles.
To change your 6x9s you do have to remove the entire back seat ,big hassle so make it worth your time and relpace with some quality speakers and sound proof with some Dynamat before you put back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.