DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

how many km/miles you guys have on your 1st gen's?

105K views 766 replies 547 participants last post by  buick65wildcat 
#1 · (Edited)
I am just curious how many many km's/miles you guys have on your 1st gen cars...I am really happy with the way this car drives, but it seems as if the build quality is really poor and will not last much longer before a major part goes wrong (most likely the transmission). I want to get a feel as for how long these things last without any major repairs. I have owned my 97 from day one when it had 0 km's...now it is at 110,000 km (68,350 miles) and I think it is time for a new car.

#693 ·
Mine hit 100k a week ago, at 100,075 now.

#695 ·
In reply to how many miles have I got out of my intrepid/concorde

1994 intrepid with 3.3L - 178000 kms - no major powertrain issues - broke a seat mount and wore out the OEM struts (of course) at this low a mileage, there should not be too many problems.bought this car from another owner this year. it's only faults were lack of TLC and respect.

1995 Concorde with 3.3L - 455000 kms - blew the trans at 399700 km, replaced with a wrecking yard unit I resealed myself and installed in the yard. Replace OEM rotors, calipers and wheel bearings for the first time at 425000 kms....replaced several water pumps and rebuilt the starter once. Oh yeah - rebuilt the alternator a year ago. Burns no oil and everything still works as it did new - and I can park beside cars with a quarter of the mileage and it looks as good.

Regardless what some people say - unless canadian cars are built with better quality control, these old cars are dead nuts tough, simple to work on, comfortable and get great gas mileage (32 MPG - 32 miles per IMPERIAL gallon of gas) fit, finish and simplicity are all fine points and if they still made the first gen concorde/intrepid, I would buy another

#698 ·
Have 82,000 on 1997. Bought new. Have replaced AC condensor, struts, water pump, intake manifold gasket twice after it was replaced under recall, awindow switch and the pass. side door lock. Now I'm having sound system problems. Repairs have run run $4000-$5000 ocer the life of the car. No tranny problems yet.

#700 ·
187,000+ miles.

New (rebuilt) trans about 10k ago; has always needed a lot of TLC ... but I must like it anyway, 'cause I still have it 11 years later (bought it used in '99). The paint is totally shot now, though, after being parked outside at the beach for the past six years. ;-(

'95 Eagle Vision TSi • 3.5

#703 ·
Wow, You are close! The only really major thing that has been done to my car is new transmission, (bracing bars for the front, not sure what they are called) and few other small things as them come up. Everyone I know keeps telling me I need to get a new car but I figure I got a few more miles in my trepi yet

#705 ·
I have a 97 Intrepid with 166.000 on it with the 3.5 Liter, and the engine runs and sounds perfect. The tranny is strong and has good solid shift points to it. The previous owner made idiots look intelligent, so I have a few body repairs to take care of that proper maintenance would have prevented.

#707 ·
266,250 miles as of this writing on my original owner '96 Concorde. 3.3l litre motor and trans are original to car and have not needed any major repairs. Starter, alternator and exhaust are all factory installed. Recently installed new front struts ( 3rd set of struts for the car) and radiator. Numerous sets of brakes and front rotors-rear rotors are original. A/C is currently non-op probably needs an evap core. Next project is rack and pinion bushings as they are worn. Also have a new set of Falken tires ordered to go on to the Razorstar wheels. Hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned! I never imagined I would still own / drive this car after we drove it off the dealers lot in August of 1996........

#708 ·
My 1996 Intrepid ES just turned over the 200,000 mile mark. Other than front end component replacement every now and again ( western Pennsylvania highways are a lot like mild off-roading ) it's holding up great. UOA is still excellent and the heads and pan have never been off. Original tranny as well.

Fresh Pennzoil 10W-30 every 3000 miles and changing the tranny fluid every 40,000 miles or so have helped a lot!

#709 ·
i sold my 95 new yorker last year with 325,000km on it to a guy in town. it's still running.
and my 95 intrepid just dropped a rod bearing a couple weeks back with 321,000km on the odo. new yorker was all original except maintenance items(wp, tb, etc) and the trep had a trans replaced somewhere in its life.

sold the NY for what i paid for it after 2 years use, and the trep i paid $100 for and got 2 winters out of.

#711 ·
I've got a 93 Concorde with almost 98000 on it. only owed it for about 9000 miles. put new tranny, hood struts,rotors & pads (frt & back), cam & crank sensors, new wiper motor, BCM. spent more then what it was worth. the car does ride real nice. going to try and make it last for awhile