DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Needing new plugs

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Gimaj90 
#1 · (Edited)
l was just wondering what type of plugs to get for my 97 Intrepid. l read somewhere on here the brand to buy but haven't been able to find the post, if anyone could help l would truly appreciate it... thank you :)

Oooops sorry that was suppose to read 1996 Intrepid not 97 but l don't imagine there is much difference in the two :)

#6 ·
Crypt Keeper l found Champion Copper Plus and shows the gap at .036 and the only other one they show is Champion Platinum gapped at .036 also. Autolite has ones gapped at .035 but you said Champion and l want to put the right ones in it so is the gapped .036 Copper Plus a good one to use then?

Mastertech thank you for the compliment on my car :)

#8 ·
yea i know some first gens 3.5 rolled off the line with plugs gapped @ .50, and it was changed to .35 in later years not sure around when...

i had a misunderstanding with this when i found the sticker under hood, said the plugs were .50 and i was confused because everything i have ever heard is .35. so technically either one would work but it was likely changed to .35 for a reason.

#10 ·
I got a question... You recommend to use Champion spark, but in Mexico Champion is the worst spark ever... My brother told me to use Motorcraft spark instead Champion because in his 1983 Cherokee Laredo Champion spark didn't work at all... Should be good to use Motorcraft spark in my 1994 Intrepid ES 3.3L or not?

#14 ·
Definitively... Champion is the worst spark ever here in Mexico... If someone can do me the favor of send me some Champion Platinum sparks to Mexico and telling me how to pay it.....

What's wrong? A month and 2 weeks with them and a lot of troubles..... Hard (retarded) start (engine spins a lot), engine lost power, a lot of vibrations inside the car (cause them are failing), fuel consumption increased (was 30liter per week, now 35)..... Want more?

I used OEM Champion RN12MC4 sparks, but I want to try Platinum sparks... And I think is better to ask someone in the US for sending me than get them here in Mexico

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.