DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

New Sig for the 93' Eagle ESi

37K views 143 replies 27 participants last post by  D725U 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

1993 Eagle Vision ESi "The Eagle Interceptor"

Built August 0f 1992

Specs.
-3.3 liter 201 C.I.D OHV V6
-Stone White Exterior with 00 300M Black Leather Buckets Seats, 94 Corde Leather Rear Seats
-LHS Leather Shifter with Blue LED Light
-Wood Grain Trimming From 93 Concorde
-OTIS & Auto Dim Mirror
-MB MotorRing Chrome Rims (Free)
-Eagle Response Edge 225/60/R16 Performance Touring Tires
-4 Wheel R1 Concept Cross Drilled and Slotted ABS Disc Brakes
-4 Pass Auxiliary Transmission Cooler
-K&N Air Filter
-K&N HP2004 Oil Filter
-Mobil Clean 7500 10w-30 Oil
-Custom Air Intake Using Modified Stock Air Box.
-HighFlow Muffler Cat Back Exhaust
-NGK GR45GP Spark Plugs
-Borg Warner Wires
-SilverStar Ultra Headlights
-Sylvia Corner Blue Bulbs
-Red Top Optmia Battery
-LHS Gauge Cluster with swapped Odometer
-A Chewievette Proven Mod, 58 mm Throttle Body -Stock is 52mm
-TSi Factory Foglights
-Cobra Cb Radio & Whip Antenna
-BearCat Trunk Tracker Scanner & Whip Antenna
-Custom "Polyurethane" Rear Sway Bar End Link O Bushings
-Polyurethane Front and Rear Sway Bar Bushings (Big thanks to Johnny @ www.*****************)
-7 LED Third Brake Light
-Concord LXi Rear Shelf with Painted Black Speaker Grills.
-Throttlebody Intake air charge Temp Sensor and Display.
-Special Polyurethane Cradle bushings. (Lower Half's are more stiffer for increased performance) Thanks again to Johnny @ *****************
-1.8 Inch Drop By Intrax Lowering Springs (Thanks Gaze)
-Rear Sway bar link Stop Ends. (prevents the Rear sway bar link bushings from popping off under heavy cornering)
-AutoStick Setup (Thanks Dave )
- 95 Upper and Lower Custom Ported Intakes
- 95 PCM

Repairs Done
-Radiator & Water Pump
-Intake Gaskets
-Valve Cover Gaskets
-Thermostat & Gasket
-2 Front KYB GR-2 Struts w/ Strut Mounts and Bearings
-2 Rear KYB Struts
-Front Crank Seal
-Steering Rack & accompanying Bushings
-Outer Tie Rods
-Inner Tire Rod Bushings
-All Four Sway Bar Links
-Cooling Fan Assembly
-Oil Pan Gasket
-ATF+ 4 Fluid Exchange
-Upper Intake and Throttle Body Cleaned
-PCV Valve & Hoses
-Goodyear GatorBack Belt
-Driver Side Window Regulator
-Passenger Side Cv axle Replaced
-Cat. Converter replaced
-Fuel Filter
-Heater and Evap Core replaced
-Complete A/c Overhaul
-And Regular Oil and Brake Maintenance.
-@ 183k miles, Swapped in 77k 01 Dodge Intrepid Transmission.

Planned Stuff
- 94+ Injectors, (94+ saw a 12 HP increase in the 3.3)
- Street Shelby Can Am 3.3 (LH block with Shelby Can Am rotating assembly and heads)
- Heated and Memory Seats
-2G Front Braking System

The Following Pictures are roughly in Chronologic Order-

Outside-

Inside-

3.3 V6

Various Work, Modifacation Photos-

Eagle Autocross

Do not mind the comments- Idiots behind Camera

Eagle at Various Meets!
First Daytona Meet 2006(?)

Jacksonville 2007(?)

Tampa 2008

Orlando 2009

Atlanta 2010

Second (Hosted) Daytona Meet 2010

Eagle At Various Places!

Daytona Speed Way

West Va

Links to Threads of Eagle's Interest

Cradle Videos-Camera Strapped to the Cradle!
YouTube- Eagle Cradle Cam Mount
YouTube- Eagle Cradle Cam Mount 2

Lowering!
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11444

Project Ram Air!
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10541

Valve Cover Gaskets
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13797

Suspension Talk
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164

3.3 Club
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=327

Shelby Can Am 3.3
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1600

See less See more
#72 ·
After a huge beating at the Dragon I spent the day checking over and doing a few touch up work on the car.

1. Disconnect rear sway bar. The end links were getting pretty rough from the stress of the thicker sway bar and age. Also I need to get the new upgraded ones installed after sourcing bushings for them.

2.Re-lubed both rear and front sway bars as the lube had been squeezed out and they were making screeching noises.

3. Shake down the front end for loose components. Seems tight and happy for now.

However, after finishing the front sway bare bushings I found traces of coolant leaking from the water pump weep hole. The pump was replaced perhaps 3-4 years ago. I do not really know of the typical lifespan of these things but I cleaned it up and will be keeping an eye on it see if it is just a light seep or if replacement is needed.

Tomorrow I will be giving it a massive cleaning. Between the 550 miles ran going to the dragon and back and the recent storm it went through there is much to be done.

#73 ·
Payday, Sooo.

Parts to get.

2x:Front Coil Spring Upper Strut Cushions
2X:Front Coil Spring Lower Isolators
2X:Front strut bellows with bump stops
2X:Rear sway bar bushing repair kits.( Which have to be drilled out to fit the custom sway bar end links.)

Run out all alignment adjustments and make sure they all turn easily. And once parts are replaced get alignment.

The question is now, Do I keep the Intrax Springs or swap the with Dave for the Eibachs which sit little higher? I may have to compare springs when I take the front apart. If i do want to swap the rear has to come apart two.

Also note, ever since I've owned the car the driver side has always sit lower. With the new rims tire this is much more apparent and bugging the heck out of me. I am hoping new front Cushions and isolators will solve this issue as the OEM ones are kinda bad.

#80 ·
New upper Cushions, lower isolators, and bump stops with bellows installed today. Took me three years nut go to it. Car feels bit stiffer now and does not feel like it bottoms out on dips anymore.

Few tweeks and one alignment away from being ready for Road Atlanta.

#87 ·
Well, I ordered new KYB Struts under warranty with rockauto (ride had become soft/cushy) and installed them. Everything went easy and nice with no hiccups on installation.

Until I test drove. The steering wheel was originally straight but afterwards was almost 90 degrees off to the right. Replacing struts may effect the alignment a bit but not that much. I had the alignment checked and it showed camber differences on both sides. I am hoping this is the cause of it.

So, on order is a set of Camber bolts so I can have my -1.0 degree of camber in the front, and I am hoping to go to the junkyard to fetch some tube 2G trailing arms, PHP crossmember, and another set of adjustable rear links so that my car will have adjustable camber all the way around.

I will also be removing the front struts again to review the assembly. I have no clue how or why it would change so much with just new struts unless the casting on the old ones or new ones are off. I have index the springs according to the FSM and old photos of the stock suspension correctly. All isolators and mounts are still new-ish.

Still have yet to figure out why, ever since I have owned the car the driver side has sit lower. With the stock worn suspension, and with the 100% new suspension.

Hopefully, after this invovlement I will have 4 more years of worry free suspension and Eagle will enjoying ripping up the Dragon just that much more.

#89 ·
2G Tube Trailing arms are installed. Way easier than I thought there were going to be. However the Lateral links require slight dropping of the Crossmember for the passenger side. The fuel tank gets in the way of the bolt coming out.

So Recap.

Four Adjustable Lateral Links (I think the only other LH to have this is IntrepED) So I can adjust camber in the rear. Camber kits up front to adjust them as well. With a 1.0 to -1.0 adjustment. I am hoping to get a -1.0 degree camber all the way around.

Hoping my local Fav. Shop will let me pay them to use the machine so I can do the alignment myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.