DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Moving on, perhaps

2K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  paintballdude05 
#1 ·
I don't have anyone else to talk to about cars, so you guys have to listen.

I have my 00ES with 183K miles for sale, and I plan to replace it. I still have two other second gen Intrepids, one of which I drive, so it's not like I'm leaving completely. But, even though there are some excellent deals on second gen ES's in my area, I don't think I'll go that way again.

I'm giving the matter a lot of thought, but right now I'm looking at the following:

300M special

Neon SRT4

and yes, I hate to admit it in this forum, but

Cadillac.

It's a wide variety. I'm looking for the best combination of performance and luxury that I can find, but I want to drive the SRT4 to see what it is like. If it performs well, I can give up the luxury.

I wish there were some Challengers in my price range.

I want to pay cash, which limits my budget to about $15K. I'll need to test drive various versions of these cars to see which I like best. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

See less See more
#31 ·
Well, I did it

After some back and forth, I paid $4500 for the LHS with 59K miles. I'm pretty happy with that deal. It's an 01 in excellent shape, low miles, and I got the price down from the advertised $5995. If you count the $1800 I got for my Intrepid, I only paid $2700. I pick it up on Saturday, and I'll post some pictures. Not moving very far on, I guess.

#35 ·
Tb/wp

Yes, I'm already ordering the timing belt, water pump, thermostat and timing belt tensioner pulley to give to my shade tree mechanic. I hope to get that done next weekend. I told my wife that this would be an expense to any LH car that we bought unless the previous owner could prove that it had been done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.