DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

No Heat!!!

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Mr_Spork 
#1 ·
I have a 1994 intrepid. This morning I got in it to drive to work, and no heater. Fan works but no heat? Any thoughts?

#12 ·
You may have gotten the wrong temperature thermostat and that's why it seems like its the outside temperature. You need a 195 degree thermostat

#16 ·
You bled the system right? If not, then you need to flush the heater core. And the other night has alerted me to the fact that I'll be changing a water pump & Timing belt very soon :pissed: and I'll show you how on a 3.5 (not too different from a 3.3)

#19 ·
I have a 94 Spirit that does that. It has a small leak in the heater core that seems to have plugged itself (I did not put stop leak in it, but it is an old car so I don't doubt that it has some gunk floating around in the cooling system). I ran with the cap loose for a long time because otherwise it would pee on the floor and smell bad. The leak, while it doesn't seem to be actively leaking out into the vehicle, now, with the cap half-latched, appears to be drawing air into the system when it cools down, which puts a big air bubble right in my heater core, and it expells coolant through the cap when heated up now, which then requires the addition of more coolant.

Long story short: don't rule out a leak in the heater core that you may not see yet (not sure if the coolant would leak into the floorboard or if on the intrepid it would instead come out through the AC drain tube). If it can leak fluid it can leak air and it will have a tendency to draw in on a cooldown.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.