DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

01 Intrepid Double Din in dash GPS pics

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  VAtrepn 
#1 ·
I just finished installing a double din gps stereo in dash. Here are some pics.

It took about 3 days from start to finish.

David

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I had to "remove" a cross brace inside. I also made a metal brace that the unit mounts to and mounts to the dash opening. Once that was in place, I remolded the cover piece and gave the outside a similar texture as the original. The heat/AC controls mounts to the cover just lie the original, just lower down the dash. The tolerances are so tight that I am reluctant to remove the cover and radio to take pictures.

#12 ·
I did absolutely no mods to the center console portion at all. I only removed one cross support that is above the original radio (I think). I also had to "trim back" a couple cover mounting tabs because the heat/ac is a bit wide. I probably would not have had to do that if i had mounted the controls a bit higher. But I put the heat/ac controls at the bottom edge of the CD player hole on the cover. I may at some point try to move the heat/ac controls up a bit, but I like it just fine having the nav unit at the center of attention rather than the heat/ac controls. As far as the cover goes, That took me 3 days to complete and the tolerances for radio position is so freakin tight that when i removed the radio and reinstalled it, I was off slightly and was a lot of trouble to get lined back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.