DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Couple Questions About Speakers

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CaptainMorgan 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so i an 02' R/T with the premium sound system and my center dash speaker is blown. I have 2 tweeters and 2 6x9 and the two door speakers from our old 00' ES we junked. I was wondering if i could replace the dash speaker with a tweeter? Or what speaker that is affordable that i can replace it.

And

Is there any way i can wire in two more additional 6x9 speakers into my r/t? Want to put them to use since there just laying around.

Some extra info, also have an aftermarket sony xplod deck, cant remember the model number off the top of my head.

#3 ·
The center speaker is a 2.75" speaker that is the same as the ones in the door pods.

Replacing it with a tweeter is pointless. Replace it with a like unit or just disconnect it.

The dash pads are somewhat fragile....I wouldn't remove it if I were you unless you are only taking it off once. Have some good plastic adhesive ready for the inevitable broken clips.

#4 ·
The dash pads are fragile? Not really, I've done at least 8 dash swaps in second gens and never a single clip or any other part damaged. You have to be careful with it to not scratch the vinyl, but otherwise it's not that bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.