DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

DjGreggieP's 3.5 swap / Siggy Thread

49K views 312 replies 28 participants last post by  Intrepid_runner 
#1 ·
Wassup Guys, Its GreggieP from Dodgeintrepid.net and today I bring you Some updated pictures and info of my current project.

As you all know my 2.7l and I had a falling out and some piece of my rotating assembly decided that it no longer wanted to be apart of the engine so it said 'That's it I am OUTTA HERE' meanwhile the rest of the engine said 'meh' and kept on working, but unfortunately it consumes more oil than Mcdonalds Deep Fryer now so it had to be parked.

Anyways, I purchased a 2000 Chrysler 300M from SGI Auction for $458 and I have NOW finally started to strip it down for various parts including the mecca 3.5l High Output engine.

Now along the way I had debated about fixing the 300M and as of late I was glad I chose not too.

Anyways, on to some pictures!!

I have 300M Gauges installed now

And I had a Leather Auto Stick bezel for Install

As well as OTIS (Someone let me know if I am wrong with this), complete with HomeLink and Auto-Dimming Mirror and Lit Vanity Mirrors

And Chrome Switches!!

Now the 300M had put up a decent fight for sure, But in the end I have had my way and gotten quite a bit disassembled from it

Roughly where it began

Come on...

Little more...

Haha!! I am winning!!!

This is where I am at from working on it on my days off and when the weather cooperates.

And this is what the lower rad support looks like by the way...

I would say it is a little bit out.

Anyway, that where I am at folks, give me your feedback and let me know what you think!! :D

See less See more
#103 ·
That's the hope lol, she was driven maybe 55km after the springs were installed, then got tucked away for the majority of the winter. She actually settled a bit just sitting.

Going to be driving her as a daily by next weekend, Hopefully get my new front rotors ordered as they are a special order piece and will take 3 weeks to arrive, but I figure a good month of driving her as is will be good, get used to her quirks again, relearn how the engines responds etc...

I don't want to push it on these brakes, but as a bonus, all I have left for annoying noises is the light brake squeal and a hollow exhaust sound from up front somewhere... If I rip it all out and replace with new that will fix it right? :emmm:

My biggest thing is I can't wait to spend maybe $60 a week on gas vs. double that for the truck

#113 ·
Just thought I would update this here build thread...

1. Sheared off a lug-nut from loose lug-nuts (always, ALWAYS double check your nuts!)
Need to order a set of 10 lug-nuts to be able to replace the one that I need, but most likely going to do it and swap out ALL my front bolts (have to remove my hubs to do my front knuckles any ways)

2. While trying to fix my shear hub bolt, I managed to snap one of my caliper bolts, Thus I have now picked up 4 new bolts for when I do my knuckle swap to not have to worry about breaking any on the other the passenger side.

3. Still waiting on rotors to arrive. Power Slot FTW!!

4. Replaced my drivers side front window, broke the clip so got that done.

5. Brought home 2 of the 300m door panels, just need to figure out how to remove the chrome handles to add another touch of class to the interior.

Hopefully getting out to the parts car this weekend to get the knuckles off so I can start swapping parts over so I am just waiting on my rotors to arrive.

Will spam this place with pictures if photobucket isn't being teh ghey...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.