DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

HD Radio Reception in Greater Chicago land area

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  33236 
#1 · (Edited)
Improve my radio reception?

I live about a 40 minutes’ drive south of Chicago. We have a lot of HD radio stations available to us but I can’t listen to any of them without it cutting out and switching back and forth. I have a nice Kenwood radio that you can find more about in my Sig, but I don’t know where to go from there. I’d say the switching back and forth between regular and HD on FM bands happens about every 5 seconds. Even in the open air with no obstacles around me. Is there anything I can do to improve my reception?

I should also note that with the digital tuner off, it still switches between stereo and mono for a lot of stations. Some barely come in at all.

#2 ·
Well after playing with wires I noticed that when I moved the adapter Crutchfield sent me for the antenna it would hop between glorious clarity and static filled blubber. They sent me out a replacement and it should improve things a lot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.