DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Replacing a dashboard

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  beeblebrox82 
#1 ·
Hey Guys (or Gals),

I was wondering how hard it is to replace the dashboard in a 2001 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L?

Mine has 2 larger cracks on the top part, and I found a car that someone is parting out, and the dash in that car is in good shape. From their parts car, I was able to get a working clock spring for $25! I had to pull it myself, but with the guide on this forum, it was not hard at all!

My goal is to keep this car running as long as possible, and I know its old, but if it still looks good, then I'll be happy. What would be a good price for the top part of that dash (used)? And are there any guides (preferably with pictures) that show what screws need to be removed to remove the upper dash?

Thank you!

#3 ·
I've pulled the center dash part out before. One of the tiny lights in the temperature gauge dial went out, and I replaced it. Along with all the lights in the speedometer cluster. The part of the dash in my car that's cracked is the top part. (its big, entire width of the car)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.