DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

2002 Intrepid will not start!!!!!!!

10K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  wrench 
#1 ·
We have a 2002 Intrepid Se with a 2.7 and the car will not start!!!!

I got back from elk hunting and the wife said the car will not start. here is what the car does not do:

A. When you turn the key you can hear everything power up.
B. There is no clicking noise of any sort to suggest a bad battery, which I tried jumping the car and charging the battery
C. So as you have figured the engine does not turn over.
D. I pulled the codes which I found out how to do here(that is awesome), and all I got was "DONE" and no codes, but the engine light stays on!!
E. Disconnted the battery for about 20 minutes to clear anything but the "Engine lights" still is on!!

What next......very frustrated!!!!!

#7 ·
crombie said:
CEL but no codes? Umm.... thats bizarre. Could be a bad fuel pump, crankshaft, camshaft. Or hell all three.
Are you sure the CEL is supposed to go out before the engine starts? If I understand this correctly, the engine will not start - the starter won't even turn over.

That could be a bad ... battery connection (corroded terminals), battery cable (internal corrosion), starter connection (corroded terminals), starter relay (contacts or relay), shifter position sensor (sensor or connection), ignition switch (switch or connection at plug), starter, or a battery that's completely shot (won't hold any charge). Did I forget anything ...?

#8 ·
Just a suggestion. Something like this happened to my friends 04 Stratus. I was driving it at the time. And had the same problem. I had put his steering wheel up like I do in my trep when I get out of the car. Apperently he had a wire that was shorted in the colum and you couldn't get the car to start. all I had to do was lower the colum again and everything worked great. but this may not be the case in your situation, but it's worth a look at before you start changing all sorts of parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.