DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Brake line and ISO Bubble flare

16K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  GTXKen 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey,
I figured I would share some knowledge. I was driving Thursday and blew a hard line for the rear brakes (of course). Limped home and gathered tools for the fix yesterday. Well I realized that nobody rents an ISO bubble flare tool kit only the SAE double flare. For those of you who aren't sure what this means see the pic:
Left is double and right is bubble ignore the dates not relevant here.

Basically if your brake lines have metric fittings (which our cars have M10-1) then you have ISO bubble if you have standard fittings then you have the common double flare. I wasnt planning on replacing the entire line I wanted to splice it around the front passenger floor somewhere. So I would have to cut and add a union and make some flares on the cut ends. I didnt want to have to use extra adaptors etc etc. So here you go, youtube never fails, I couldnt believe it at first but this works like a charm I made 5 ISO bubble flares and they are not leaking and came out really nice.

I ended up replacing 5' for the passenger side (the one that blew out) and ~7.5' for the drivers. No leaks and it looks pretty good and used the rented double flare kit from advanced My advice take your time, this cost me about $40 but took most of the day between bending, cutting flaring messing with the plastic mounts and bleeding.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Good to know. I blew the hardlines on mine a while back and just used about 4" of the old line and did a double flare of the end to mate to the new line. I would have liked to redo the whole line but I didn't have the bubbleflare tool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.