DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Halo Projector HL's?

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  BiliTheAxe 
#1 ·
I am looking at some Halo Projector headlamps on EBAY. I wondered if anybody has bought these and can tell me anything about them? Are they decent? Would anybody recommend a source for some good ones other than EBAY?

Some of these appear to have the turn signal lamp relocated or redesigned that may reduce turn signal visibility from the side.

Any reviews you can give me is appreciated.

#2 ·
eBay is probably your best bet. You'll want the ones with the turn signals on the outside or they might reduce their effectiveness like your stated. If you do a search on here for Spyder Headlights, I'm sure you'll turn up a lot of information and pictures. They're not 'true' HID projectors so in my opinion the light output isnt' the greatest. Although some people have modified them to make the cut off better. The halos look awesome when lit up though!

#4 · (Edited)
These are mine. I love them, even if they are a son of a ***** to get adjusted, they were well worth it.
I got them on ebay.

At night

I have them wired so that the upper yellow light does not blink, only the factory turn signal light on the side blinks, and they work using the factory headlight wires for a power source.

#11 ·
I have the chrome version, but the halos are not bright, like yours.

I saw the illustrations of the back of these and it appears that there are mounting spots for both a corner stock turn signal socket to be inserted and a spot toward the grill area where a park lamp/turn signal socket could be inserted. Is that correct?
Yes, plus there is an additional bulb, in the brow, that you can hook up however you want.
Also, do you run the H1 bulbs or did you go with a HID upgrade? Protuninglabs.com offers these lights with a HID upgrade for about $50, would you recommend that or stick with the H1's? I was looking at a possible 35watt/4300k kit, because I want a white light if I go with HID.
You can do the HID upgrade and get H1 bulbs. It is what I did with DDM. You can check this thread for more info.
Also, one more thing, what about the increased heat? Do these lights seem to be able to stand the higher temps of an H1 or a HID?
Thanks for your help.
No heat issues.

#7 ·
Bill, yours are exactly the ones I am looking at, the ones with the eyebrows, so could you tell me a little more about these?
I saw the illustrations of the back of these and it appears that there are mounting spots for both a corner stock turn signal socket to be inserted and a spot toward the grill area where a park lamp/turn signal socket could be inserted. Is that correct?
Also, do you run the H1 bulbs or did you go with a HID upgrade? Protuninglabs.com offers these lights with a HID upgrade for about $50, would you recommend that or stick with the H1's? I was looking at a possible 35watt/4300k kit, because I want a white light if I go with HID.
Also, one more thing, what about the increased heat? Do these lights seem to be able to stand the higher temps of an H1 or a HID?
Thanks for your help.

#8 ·
Bill, yours are exactly the ones I am looking at, the ones with the eyebrows, so could you tell me a little more about these?

You have the stock corner turn signal like the original factory light has, plus the upper brow light can either be used as a turn signal, or as I have done it, just a non blinking marker light.

The low beams are H1 bulbs, the high beams are halogen bulbs. I read somewhere that H1 bulbs will wear out much faster if used as high beams, so this would be the best way to go.
They put out all of the light I need for driving on back country roads at night.

Thanks for your help.
Most of my answer is mixed in with your quoted text.
I have had no heat related issues with mine at all.

Just plan on spending a bit of time getting them adjusted, but it is well worth the effort.

#9 ·
Thanks very much. I don't mind the hassle of adjustment or even any wiring I might have to do for the halos. This is the set I was ready to pull the trigger on, and you have just given me enough to know I am going to do it. I have a black intrepid, so I am planning on going with the black eyebrow headlamps.

#16 ·
Thanks. The source I am looking at doesn't mention 5000k. They jump from 4300 to 6000 and they have stated that the 6000 has a slightly blue hue.

The set I am looking at comes with a 4300K HID kit as part of the package. I will ask the supplier if they offer a 5000k and if they don't I might start looking again to see if there is any out there, but I am really looking for a package deal.

If I do go with the 4300K right now, and it isn't satisfactory, I will remember what you told me here and consider switching to a 5000K later down the road.

#17 ·
Alright. Got my lights installed tonight. They look awesome! I will post some pics when I get back from my trip this weekend. Got an issue though. The low beam HIDs cast a half moon shaped light even though these are projector lights. I would have thought the light would be more circular. Anyway the light that is cast is a definate half moon shape and the line across the top of the crescent is where the light stops dead. You have to turn in the highs to see beyond that point. Is this normal for HID's? As you are driving down the road, there is this very defined line of darkness above the crescent shaped illuminated area that is bouncing up and down according to the road level, and It drives my wife nuts! I know these HID's are brighter, but I am not sure they are actually improving our visibility. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.