DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Body Parts

3K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  bigde024 
#1 ·
hey guys... i was wondering if it was possible to put 300m fenders, hood and front bumper on a 2nd gen intrepid... i hit a deer the other night was exploring my possibilities for replacement... i was just thinking to myself how i like the look of the 300m front end.. thanks for all the info

#4 ·
You *can* do it but aside from looking like a half-assed repair job the Intrepid parts are 10x easier to come by.

#15 ·
We had a local who was creating a shark mouth 300m from a Concorde front end and m body. I think those matched up pretty well at the door front edge.

Another guy was talking about doing this when he buys one of my 300m's. But, I don't think he has the skills.

#16 ·
The 300m fenders also have a big hole behind the emblem that you would want to cover or fill. I presume it was for turn signal light option or something that got dropped for cost cutting after the fenders had already went into production. Can anyone confirm this?

#19 ·
This has been done before by an old member from Canada a few years ago to his 04 Intrepid just a short time before being banned. There might be a thread on it somewhere, but IDK if its here or not. He was primarily active on the other site.

#21 ·
I found my post about visual external differences between the 300M/Concorde/LHS doors and the Intrepid doors. Basically, the Intrepid door has the bulge along the bottom of the doors, and is missing the crease lines in line with the door handles that extend into the fenders of the M/Concorde/LHS (http://300mclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&p=259200#p259200). Hmm - now that I think about it, The bulge of the Intrepid doors is not a mismatch with the fenders, but with the vertical piece at the front of the rocker cladding:

According to the parts pdf's, Intrepid front doors are unique among the LH cars - Concorde, 300M, and LHS all share the same door and door skin. In any case, the Intrepid and 300M door exterior is not the same. The below photos tell the story.

Intrepid doors do not have the crease in line with the door handles and also have a bump-out along the bottom (photo courtesy of Spencerctown):

300M (upper photo courtesy of 300man86) and Concorde (lower photo courtesy of Trepcruzin) have crease in line with door handles, no bulge along bottom:

#23 ·
So do you think if I left my side skirt on to make my door the fender would line up and all I would have to do is full in that crease line when I go to repaint the fenders

Sent from my Galaxy Player using AutoGuide.com Free App

#22 ·
When I rebuilt my car the first time.... I took off all the door moldings anyways so I'm not worried about that... What I am worried about is the actual door and fender matching up and my side skirt matching up

Sent from my Galaxy Player using AutoGuide.com Free App

#24 ·
I think it would work, but I'd like to hear from someone who knows that the vertical line where the fender meets the door are the same (i.e., the gap between door and fender will be right). I think the answer is yes, but would be good to have that confirmed.

#25 ·
I'd go green a random fender and slap it on quick... Of you get the fender from K's Acres you should be able to strike a deal with Joe or Marv that you want to just try it out in the parking lot, then give it back to them. Use any random color, even a dented one.

#26 ·
update on the car------- just got it looked at and it is getting totaled out but i am going to buy it back... so i am in need of some 300m parts for my front end... if anyone has any parts that can help me with this swap that would be awesome... thanks everyone for the help

#30 ·
I have an '02 that I am planning to start parting out. The left fender and doors took the hit but, the front fascia and grille are in decent shape. PM me an offer.

I'm dragging this car out to the shop tomorrow and am also finishing off an intrepid for it's final ride to the shredder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.