DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

One last code on the Vision I can't shake...

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  GTXKen 
#1 ·
So its been 4 days and all is well...almost. I have one code remaining or should I say returning.

33 a/c clutch relay circuit, open or short detected

So I replaced the relay and cleared the code and this returned. I have one other symptom that may or may not be related. I had posted some time ago about the air conditioning not coming on. It would come on for a short while and then get warm and then 10 minutes later work fine and work fine all day. Today I turned on the defroster and since it was chilly I turned it on warm but it acted like the air did previously, I had to turn it off, wait a minute and then when I turned it back on it was hot. I'm thinking I have an ATC issue and that's what is causing the code 33.

Thoughts?

#3 ·
I don't like that answer, I don't have an extra compressor to steal the clutch from! I assume its part of the clutch assembly?

#5 ·
I have an ATC that I can try. If that doesn't work I suppose I can pull the clutch off of one of the other cars but if not I may ask you to have a look. Thanks

#6 ·
I swapped ATC heads yesterday morning and so far after driving about 40 miles or so and using the air/heat the code is gone. I'll see what happens in a few days, I won't be driving it again until Monday, I'm taking the GTX on a short roadtrip before putting it away for the winter.

#8 ·
Well, the 33 code came back. Looks like I may have to do the AC clutch. I need to find one first, I dont have one. This may have to wait until spring, cash is getting tight.

#11 ·
Thanks, I really appreciate the offer and if needed ill take you up on it. The teal car has never had opperating ac, after an accident the condenser was removed and lines cut. The compressor is still there so I should be able to use the clutch off of it.

It's nice to have options though
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.