DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

NEW Trepie

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  YB Normyl 
#1 ·
WELL, where do I start?

I'm here in Ottawa, and just purchased a 1998 ES in cranberry with 55000KM from Capital Dodge. Does anyone here have a club or do regular meetings in the Ottawa area?

I have a few questions:

unfortunatly it doesn't have a moonroof :( any ideas where to get a power moonroof professionaly installed? My last 2 cars ( 1994 Taurus SHO and 2002 Grand Prix GT) both had one and I'm really going to miss it.

question 2, It doesn't have a spoiler, anyone in ottawa find any place with a decent price in town?

Lastly, what kind of failures am I possibly looking at? I take delivery on FRIDAY and am wondering if I should OPT for the 3 yr 36k warranty for 2000$?

Thanks in advance,

Father Ervin

#2 ·
Hey welcome to the club. This website is basically a club for lh format cars....Intrepid, 300M, LHS, Concorde, etc. We have a lot of member that live in the ottawa area. We have members from all over the world and do have meets. Feel free to browse the forums to get the info you need...

#3 ·
good spoiler location would be www.spoilerdepot.com or www.spoilers4less.com both have wide variety... as far as a moonroof... no clue bud... i'm also in texas, so i'm not sure about the meets in ottawa... but anyways... WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

#4 ·
Welcome to Dodgeintrepid.net I'm also in Ottawa, members Spooky, Pooplz, and I have met, and plan to more in the future. In fact me and spooky have done some nice cosmetic touches to our vehicles so far. Nothing tacky. :D

I in fact have quite a few little connections here in the Ottawa area. As far as spoilers go, do the online thing. Good deals there.

#14 ·
Paul's 96 Trep said:
Welcome to you.. & congratulations on the nice purchase. In regards to the car problems.. too many to list.. j/p.. no.. get an extended warranty with any car purchase.. I've learned.. never know what you'll need it for.. :)
Hate to clue you in but the companies that sell those warranties make money on them which means the avg person spends more for the warranty than the warranty ends paying back.

I have never bought one and probably never will

BTW I am sure you won't like my avatar but I'll try to be helpful your 98 ES most likely comes with a 3.2L engine same as my 01 ES. Good luck with your car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.