DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

check engine light.....

957 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Firemnted 
#1 ·
i was cleaning the throttle body and was unaware that i should not have not removed the two electrical components which have caused the check engine light to come on i need a solution or an idea of what my self afflicted problem could possibly be

97' trep 3.3
thanks,
austin:drool:

#3 ·
Sorry my book is from '98-04' did you try putting them back in? I know some car's have adjustable TPS I don't think the IAC will matter you can disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 2 min and try that

#6 ·
That should help, it resets the engine controller's adaptive memory to zero and wipes any history of a TPS or IAC swing.

The article mentions not to disturb the wires but, if you have the key off or battery disconnected, this won't be an issue. Also, the article doesn't mention how throttle bodies on LH vehicles generally face backwards so cleaning effectively might require removing it completely, plugs and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.