DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Smurf's Trep

46K views 363 replies 26 participants last post by  cdmccul 
#1 ·
Well I guess it is time for me to make a thread with pictures of Shea. STILL loving my HO as if it were the first day she took me 315 miles homes with no hiccups.

I made this thread with all intentions of putting up pics of what she looks like, as I go along with the modifications.
As everyone already knows she has dual 2.5" pipe coming out of a magnaflow muffler in place of the resonator.

Shea also has new eyes and they are oh so sexy and shiny. Clear corners and new headlights.

As I was taking trying to get some good pictures of her while at work, this is the best one I got with a blackberry.

See less See more
#344 ·
Ok, so could my problem of bumping into limp mode, be caused by a clogged tranny filter? I got a buddy that said he had a car not shift because of a clogged tranny filter and a shop told him he blew the tranny and had to get another one. After a year he replaced the tranny filter and fluid and it was good as new? I am just wondering if this could cause my problems.

#348 ·
If anything makes the transmission not want to shift, I think that the computer will throw it into limp - but I guess I can't recall anything solidly stating that a fluid change fixed it for good. you could try a filter and fluid change - but I'm guessing you're in for a tranny swap

#354 ·
Dead post revival!

Alright guys, so Shea has had a new solenoid pack put in her and it worked.....for 15 mins. Still hits limp mode. Took out the TCM and opened it up, it appears (to me) that something has been fried because of the smoky color of the gel and 3 little bubble spots like something got to hot underneath.
My question is would this be the culprit of my limpedness? Lol

#356 ·
Well momma bought a reman-ed TCM from the stealership for $225.50. So let's hope that works. Transmission guy says he don't think its the tranny cause it all "looks good for a 93" even he said there was no point in changing the solenoid pack but it didn't hurt it, so he did.

#360 ·
Yeah but wouldn't that be like swapping a bad one for a potential bad one? I told my mom about the pull-a-part and she said that there was no way to check and make sure it was a good TCM. That's when and why she gave the go ahead to get the remanufactured one from dodge themselves.

#363 ·
Ok, so new tcm in and now car won't star. Doesn't sound like fuel pump is coming on and there is no spark from the plugwire. Now I'm at a loss and cean is helping by thinking its a bad bcm, but I'm still trying to figure this stuff out and wondering if anybody else has any other input that might help.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.