DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

17 inch rims...

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  cdmccul 
#1 · (Edited)
I have some 17's im wanting to put on my trep, what size of tire should i replace the stock 225/60R16s with?

....What about if i wanted to go to low profile?

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
225/55/17 sounds like the best choice.. I've seen 17" rims with lowpros on Intrepids and in my opinion they just don't look right. Mainly because there's still a lot of space between the wheel well. 18"s with lowpros look a lot better but again that's MY opinion. To each his own, right?

#6 ·
Do they affect mileage? I've done research online and I've read that they negatively affect MPG and that it's recommended to "re-gear" the tranny, not sure what that means or how to do it.. Mind you, yes, they look good but it's like you're sacrificing drivetrain for looks.

#10 ·
The ratio stated on the only Prowler Pro stuff I could easily find said something like 2.94 - but I think that yes, 4.10 is correct for the same comparison point. The only cost I could find was a "summer special" of like 1500 bucks, but includes a speed converter box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.