DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Flimsy

476 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RealSynthetics 
#1 ·
I have had a lot of good luck with my Intrepid as far as the engine goes. Actually, there hasn't been any major problems at all. My main concern in my Intrepid is the weather sealing that attatches to the top of the doors. On the drivers side door, the strip keeps on coming off. It doesn't seem to be dry-rotted, and I know that it isn't ripped. For some reason it just won't stay in. Either I need to buy a new strip, or I need to get some Gorrila Glue. Can you tell me what to do? How much does that weather strip cost?

#3 ·
Yeah, this infamous weatherstripping issue has been discussed many times. Some people got it replaced under warranty, some people remedied it by using glue, some people took the plastic cover off of the stripping (at the bottom) and found the break in the seal and separated it even more to allow more slack so that it will stay in place. And then there are those of us who are lazy and just put up with it being loose, like me. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.