DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

list of problems

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  1993 EagleVision 
#1 · (Edited)
Car starts but stalls after 5 seconds, every time. Gauges doesn't work. Climate control has no manual control. I was gonna drive 15 miles in second gear to start a transmission swap. Any ideas what's up. It's sat for a couple months.

It's a 96 3.5

#11 ·
Yeah its pretty easy. Some cars the switch is fastened with torx head screws though. If you remove the cover from the steering column you will see. You might need to pick up a "female" torx bit from somewhere, i dont remember the exact size but it's not the regular "male" torx bits. You will need to tilt your steering all the way up to access the bottom screws in the column cover. Then remove the tilt steering lever and the wiper/signal light switch. You should then be able to access the ignition switch.

#12 ·
Has anyone attempted to disassemble and clean an ignition switch?

I just was given my car today and have read about some of the ignition switch problems. If something doesn't work, I take it apart. I'll be checking out my car in the next few weeks as it warms up outside. Also, the car is ~4 hours away from me. A road trip is in my future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.